Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My anxiety and panic is causing me to doubt my relationship  (Read 337 times)

Offline Roxygirl121744

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My anxiety and panic is causing me to doubt my relationship
« on: March 12, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »
This is my first time posting on anything like this but I am at my witts end.

I have been with my fiance now for about 4 years. We had a bumpy start but we have been doing amazing and I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect for me then him.

I had had some doubts before but was always able to push them out. I truly can not imagine myself with anyone else. He is my rock and my best friend.

I am on Lexapro, for about a year now, and found it very helpful.

We just went on a trip to Punta Cana and as soon as I arrived, I started to panic.

The day before I had mentioned to my mom I was nervous about getting married...we are also in contract on a house.  But I was simply nervous...maybe slightly doubtful but I was able to push the thoughts out.

It was the first trip out of the country I had ever gone on without my parents (I am 26 yrs old)..and I also just did not like the place. I began sweating, feeling nauseous, worrying about everything but most of all, doubting my relationship with my fiance.

I should also mention I was sick for half our trip...and was throwing up after taking my medication every night. I went about 3 or 4 days in a row without my medication.

Now, we have been back since Friday, it is now Wednesday, I was able to keep my medication down for the past 3 days...I know it takes some time to sink into your system but I feel so not myself and also have continued to doubt everything with my fiance...but everytime I get home from work..alll I want to do is hug him and cry.

Does anyone else ever have these doubts? Please tell me I should ignore them and they aren't true. It upsets me more to think they could be true! I know I love him..and I feel that my lapse in medication as thrown me into a tailspin but I can't be sure anymore because I feel I am totally loosing it. PLEASE HELP!!! =(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: My anxiety and panic is causing me to doubt my relationship
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:00:11 AM »
I am wondering about this Punta Cana place. Is it a hot place? Dominican Republic. Such places are hotter, weather wise than most people are used to. I would guess that is what might have made you sick. Nothing to do with your boyfriend at all. You end up somewhere hot, the sticky heat reminds you of a panic attack and you begin to think it is one and get anxious and then begin to get sick. I am doubting any of your issues are in any way related to your time alone with him. But that is now the connection your mind is making. The way the mind can work at times. You still love him. You still want to be with him. Just give yourself time to recover and I am sure you can both have a long chat and sort things out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: