Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Adding Holistic herbs to my meds  (Read 118 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Adding Holistic herbs to my meds
« on: March 12, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »
Since my rx meds are no longer controlling my anxiety, and I will not have insurance for another month, I have done some research and found that some people use Passionflower as a supplement. So, I went and got some, and took my first pill today. I also decided to grab a spray of Rescue Remedy. I give this to my dog after she has a seizure, and it seems to help, so I got a formulation that her and I can both use. I am trying it myself today for the first time.

I am really hoping this helps me. Something eventually has to help!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Adding Holistic herbs to my meds
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 05:06:51 PM »
Since my rx meds are no longer controlling my anxiety

What are the meds? Please be aware that most psych meds should be weaned off, not stopped 'cold-turkey'.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline gouldbergvariations

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Adding Holistic herbs to my meds
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
Not sure about herbs , but you can look into glycine ( amino acid) , niacinamide ( b vitamin) or inositol (b vitamin).
For me , the most effective treatment was supplementing niacinamide daily. Anxiety and physical symptoms associated were significantly reduced. There is a fair amount of research and clinical use of niacinamide for a wide variety of problems. Safety has been demonstrated, but I would let a doctor know that you want to start as it has in doses over 3 grams a day elevated liver enzymes. There has been one case of niacinamide with someone using 9 grams a day contracting hepatitis , but this returned to normal after discontinuing treatment. Generally it's extremely well tolerated and effective.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/12203298_Safety_of_high-dose_nicotinamide_a_review

For further reading have a look at Johnathon prouskys published studies of niacinamide . He has used it ina. clinical setting with good results , also. heck out abram hoffer ( MD , Phd.) and william kaufmans work.( MD)

There is a blog of mine on this site where I briefly summarize research supporting niacinamide's therapeutic effect for anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: