Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Coincidence really?  (Read 229 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Coincidence really?
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
Dizzy spells few days later tingling in pinkys start. Both hands one day... Left hand other 4 days. Weird sensations in leg. And this NOT be MS?
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Coincidence really?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 12:40:09 PM »
I had a routine blood test CBC whatever it was three months ago if there were signs of MS or a disease would there be abnormalities in the blood tests?  I am just trying to find out how the hell this can be from anxiety and maybe starting prozac (making anxiety symptoms worse since dizziness started two days prior to prozac start)
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
I had a routine blood test CBC whatever it was three months ago if there were signs of MS or a disease would there be abnormalities in the blood tests?  I am just trying to find out how the hell this can be from anxiety and maybe starting prozac (making anxiety symptoms worse since dizziness started two days prior to prozac start)

MS (or any signs of it) does not show up in any blood test - you would need an MRI to look for MS.

Also, your symptoms sound a lot like anxiety and/or medication related. I wouldn't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:06 PM »
Dizzy spells are a classic anxiety symptom...as is tingling in the extremities.  I am not trying to poke fun but if the number of people on this site who think they might have MS actually had MS it would be an epidemic!  One reason so many people feel this way is because anxiety mimics so many of the symptoms...only difference is that anxiety is very common and MS is very rare.  The other reason is too much googling (stop it now!) and misleading/panic inducing sites like web md (which once diagnosed my hubby with a cocaine addiction because he was grumpy and wanted a beer.  btw my hubby has never even seen cocaine much less used it.)  Trust your doc, try to relax, and hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
Now that I think about it a month ago (3 weeks before these symptoms started). My two pinky toes went numb and turned white and felt tight it was scary, I was in the cold just briefly outside before then and was told it was from the cold. But now I'm again putting two and two together even though the symptoms are three weeks apart.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
It's amazing how it was a brain tumor a few days ago now it's MS .. I'm sure tomorrow it'll be back to a brain tumor
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »
I often wonder if MS or brain tumor symptoms are HARD symptoms. Not just a twinge here and there or a tingle. Like a total numbness of an entire leg etc that won't go away or you can't walk a straight line or your blind in one eye. Not just blurrier vision once in a while, or tingling extremities for a couple days or numb path or tight skin feelings on your leg or scalp. You would think a neuro disorder would be constant hard type symptoms. Now I won't google symptoms INTO detail it will drive me nutts but I have recently stupiditly googles and saw tingling etc. now correct me if I'm wrong?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 08:38:10 PM »
Yes they are hard symptoms, they are "in your face", you'd KNOW something was definitely wrong.   Not have a vague thing here or there that comes and goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
I have not had the tingling in my hands yet today for first time in 9 days and no dizziness either first time in 12 days. Hopefully it is prozac and smoking withdrawals and anxiety. I probably jinxed myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 04:37:21 PM »
Dizzy spells few days later tingling in pinkys start. Both hands one day... Left hand other 4 days. Weird sensations in leg. And this NOT be MS?

Ahhh yes, I had all those symptoms back in my "I'm sure I have MS days" - it's all a part of HA, you're fine!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: