Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Where do I go from here?  (Read 138 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Where do I go from here?
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »
I need answers. I'm getting to where I can't deal not knowing anymore. Any issue I have, any pain I jump on it immediately thinking it lymphoma presenting itself. I've had a chest pain since yesterday morning, first it felt like a gas pain, but it's not gone completely away yet. Thinking my lung is collapsing from tumors? I went to my OB today for a pregnancy appt and she listened to my chest and didn't hear anything off. I just had a blood test checking for lymphoma markers 2 weeks ago. It came back totally normal. It was checking LDH levels and uric acid levels. Logic tells me that if I really had a large lymphoma tumor affecting my lung it would surely have shown on that blood test. My reality (how I see reality in my mind) says this is it. Even though I don't have obvious swollen nodes on my body, it's presenting in my chest like it does so many people. The night sweats are bothering my so much  and I have 0 answers as to what it could be! I don't even know where to go for help because my doctor says he can't run anymore tests like ct scans or mris since I'm pregnant. I had a chest X-ray in December that was clear but of course lymphoma could grow in 3 months quite large. I've had the sweating at night for 4 months. I'm stuck . :( stuck, scared, and feel alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Where do I go from here?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 02:02:00 AM »
First off - you're not alone. We're here!

Second, yes - LDH definitely would show an abnormality - ESPECIALLY if it were causing you symptoms.

I'm not sure why you have night sweats either - other then stress.

Back in October I experienced the sudden onset of diarrhea. It never stopped. I had a battery of testing done:
Stool cultures
H. Pylori
Colonoscopy
CBC
Metabolic panels
Chest Xray
Abdominal Xray
Abdominal ultrasound
HIDA scan (gal bladder nuclear medicine test)
LDH
C-reactive protein
Celiac disease testing

You name it, I had it - and I was the one pushing for all of the testing.

Finally my Dr. put me on a certain medicine for IBS and it cleared it right up. Even though I don't have IBS.

My doctor chalked it up to stress. And I have to believe that's what it is - something would've shown up if it were serious.

Stress can reek havoc on our bodies, and I'm sure that's what you have.

LDH can rise with ANY type of cancer, but it IS GUARANTEED to rise with lymphoma.

I don't know how to convince you that this is all stress related.

Just remember - you're not alone. We're all here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 03:33:20 AM »
Well, one thing is for sure: You don't have lymphoma. You've been tested out the wazoo. Something would have been found, especially because if you've been "symptomatic" for that long, then there would have been plenty to pick up on. There wasn't, though. So you don't have lymphoma.

There are some other things for sure, too: You are pregnant. You have anxiety. All of the aforementioned things can cause tons of crazy symptoms and all sorts of bodily reactions. Not every little thing your body does is the end of the world; you are alive and thus your body does things. Not everything is a symptom. Not everything is a sign of something horrible or malicious. Once you stop focusing on these things, there presence will lessen.

So, where do you go from here? Towards getting better. Being happy. Being healthy. Doing it for your baby.

I would highly suggest seeking therapy if you haven't done so.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 10:56:29 AM »
Thanks for y'all's replies. I go from one thought to the other. One minute I'm okay and I accept I just have funky things going on with my body, the next I'm dying and everything is a bad symptom. I am taking lexapro and have a therapy appt set up for the end of this month. It was as soon as I could get in. I kept taking my temp last night when I woke up sweating, and it was always 97.8-98.0. So not a fever :/ so bizarre
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »
I just waht a good nights sleep! Is that too much to ask? Tired of waking up 4 times a night in a slick of sweat. It's not completely drenching but I feel like it's getting worse and headed that direction. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
It's anxiety.  Your brain is at it's most relaxed when you're asleep and that's when the worries take over.  When I'm at a high peak in my anxiety, I always get woken up with whatever symptom I'm focused on. 

Hang in there sweetie.  I wish I could make this better.  I can feel your anxiety and I hate it for all of us.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: