Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: How long can anxiety last  (Read 295 times)

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
How long can anxiety last
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:12 PM »
Can someone please explain to me how long anxiety can last. It's been going  on for over 30 years, my symptoms are: fatigue, headaches, especially in my neck, shaking inside, dizziness like I am off balance, and my skin will feel like it's burning. All this can last for weeks even months, then I may get some relief for awhile!!  I do take meds, but cannot understand why they don't always work. I have had numerous testing, everything is always negative.  Please, I need some reassurance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long can anxiety last
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:34:11 AM »
It can last a life time for some people. I am 25 years in now. Yes I go out and about these days. I think it is something we learn to live with. Something we can learn to manage. It may always be there in the background. But some people can live a full life after having anxiety for a number of years. It depends on the person and the work they put in to making themselves feel better. Can be easier for some. Harder for others.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tatandpierce

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 07:20:32 PM »
ive had anxiety or GAD since I was preteen, im now 66 and still everyday suffer with it, put on my mask and do the things I have to do. ive been to ALL types of doctors (GPs are the worst)and taken more kinds of meds. than I can count, tried supplements, and all the self help stuff you see on the net. I think GAD can be from something physical, but I don't know of anyway or any doctor that will take the time or have the knowhow to do this. So tomorrow I will wake just like every other day and wonder how bad this day will be. the thing that has kept me going is the hope that something out there can help because I have seen on these forums that people have gotten better. sorry for the long reply im not used to writing on these forums.
p.s. I do take benzos when things get really bad, they help but must be used with caution.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:42:58 PM »
I am 62 yrs. old and mine started when I was 24 yrs.old.  Still cannot accept that it's all anxiety, but with all the testing I have had, all my doctors say it's all anxiety. What are some of your smptoms?  It is so...........frustrating to have this disease. There has to be a light at the end of the tunnel for us.  Hang in there!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Online e77

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 12:18:42 AM »
 I believe we, and I include myself, are much more prone to the disturbing physical sensations and thoughts that come with an anxious temperament and that biology as well as habit and memory play huge roles.  I have my down days where panic activates in my brain and I struggle to manage myself.  I don't think I will ever not be prone to anxiety, it's a part of who I am.  I too have seen many doctors and therapists.  Some day there will be better treatment options but lifestyle management and medication when necessary get me through.  Accepting this part of me helps when I can do it, but some days it's really hard to do. Hang in there.  Best wishes.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: