Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Metallic taste in mouth?  (Read 858 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Yes, someday you will die. But first will you live?
    • Poke This Member
Re: Metallic taste in mouth?
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 11:36:10 AM »
No, that sounds like nerves or anxiety. If it was from MS I don't think it would happen when you use the leg... I think that proves it's something to do with a nerve. I have had tingles like that too, and even numbness when moving my ankle. My aunt has MS and has a bunch of symptoms that don't sound like this!

Have you ever asked her how it started? If we knew how it presented it may out some of our minds at a little more ease.

From what my Neurologist told me, MS almost always presents itself first with your vision - double vision or going blind in one eye - that kind of thing.

Not always of course, but he said it's the most common first sign of it.

And the numbness isn't just a little numbness here or there - it's the kind of numbness where an entire limb goes numb and for days at a time - it's something you would notice as seriously off.

Most likely, it's anxiety.

FYI - your chances of getting MS are less than 1/2 of 1% - something to think about.

I read 0.13%. That's so insanely low! Even crazier that so many of us are worried about such a rare disease. Typical HA catastrophizing I suppose.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline emily1994

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
You are correct... MS tends to start with your vision first. I remember my aunt saying half of her face went numb and she felt like someone was choking her. She had chest pain, as well. I'm not going to go into detail with her symptoms, because I don't believe it will do you guys any good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »
By the way, when I say half of her face went numb, I mean NUMB. There's a difference between perceived and true numbness. Same for weakness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 12:11:46 PM »
You are correct... MS tends to start with your vision first. I remember my aunt saying half of her face went numb and she felt like someone was choking her. She had chest pain, as well. I'm not going to go into detail with her symptoms, because I don't believe it will do you guys any good.

I had a feeling of a lump in the throat for a few hours the other day but was told on here that it was caused by anxiety symptom globus hystericus or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline javajoe

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »
By the way, when I say half of her face went numb, I mean NUMB. There's a difference between perceived and true numbness. Same for weakness.

That's what my Neurologist said too - the numbness associated with MS is REALLY numb. Not just a little numb, but a lot and it's persistent.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »

Would you mind sharing if the chest pain was constant? I remember a little over a week ago it hurt a little too breathe in too deep and hurt worse when I tried to push all the air ALL the way out of my lungs. It was a couple days after a workout so maybe my chest was sore but I remember it being down my left side. Haven't had it since.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 10:16:30 PM »
I'm not sure. I would ask her but she knows I'm a hypochondriac and would think I'm fixating on MS so I doubt she would tell me. Chest pain isn't a typical symptom I don't think.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything