Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: STD fear (NSFW, TMI, etc.?)  (Read 239 times)

Offline SerArthurDayne

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
STD fear (NSFW, TMI, etc.?)
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
So about a month ago, I made a stupid mistake. I went home with a former co-worker on valentines day and things got a little escalated. Long story short, she didn't make me use protection.

I haven't had any problems until a few days ago I noticed a persistent discomfort at the tip of penis. It's not really a burning, and not really a pain, but it's bothersome, and it's aggravated when it rubs up against my underwear. It doesn't burn when I pee either, otherwise, I would already scheduled an appointment.

So today I went in for a look to see if I could notice any sort of growth or irritation. It DOES look a little red right at the tip, but I don't spend a lot of time looking down there so I dunno if that's how it always looks or if it's a sign of something bad. Now I can't stop thinking about this and of course the first thing I googled came up with things like "chlamydia" and "gonorrhea", which I know are treatable, but I'm still really stressed out over this. With my job, I have almost no time to schedule an appointment to really get this looked at.

Should I be worried? I know there are clinics I can go to, but should I already be resorting to that?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: STD fear (NSFW, TMI, etc.?)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 06:18:44 PM »
With gonorrhea you would get symptoms in few days...with chlamydia in around 2 weeks I think. And even if it is chlamydia it is nothing to worry about really. It is treated with antibiotics and rarely causes problems for guys.

I think it is some kind of irritation though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SerArthurDayne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:47:46 PM »
If it's just irritation, what should I do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »
Try to stay away from sex - masturbation and it should go away in 7-10 days on its own.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »
I know this isn't answering your question, but.... "She didn't make me use protection" I hope you now know that even if she or any other female doesn't make you use it, you still should.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 09:46:51 PM »
Based on what you have said, it doesn't sound dangerous.  But since this is presenting symptoms, and you did have unprotected sex, you should see a doctor for sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 01:44:08 AM »
Probably not a big deal; probably not anything serious - but any time you have unprotected sex, you are opening yourself up to the transmission of all sorts of things, and it's never a bad idea to get a full checkup afterwards, especially if presenting with symptoms, whenever you don't know the STD status of a person you were intimate with.

I know this isn't answering your question, but.... "She didn't make me use protection" I hope you now know that even if she or any other female doesn't make you use it, you still should.

Yeah, "she didn't make me use protection" -- translation: "I, personally, chose not to use protection but am trying to speak about it in language that allows me to partially attempt to shirk my own responsibility in the matter and make it sound like someone else's fault."  :P
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 04:25:03 AM »
Well steph, most  men are good at shirking their responsibility when it comes to that. Everything is the woman's fault.   :P
Bookmark and Share

Offline SerArthurDayne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 04:55:56 PM »
Probably not a big deal; probably not anything serious - but any time you have unprotected sex, you are opening yourself up to the transmission of all sorts of things, and it's never a bad idea to get a full checkup afterwards, especially if presenting with symptoms, whenever you don't know the STD status of a person you were intimate with.

Yeah, "she didn't make me use protection" -- translation: "I, personally, chose not to use protection but am trying to speak about it in language that allows me to partially attempt to shirk my own responsibility in the matter and make it sound like someone else's fault."  :P

Hi Steph,

I'm sorry, this isn't what I meant to imply. It was my responsibility and I didn't make the decision I should have made. I apologize for implying it was her fault.
Bookmark and Share

Offline SerArthurDayne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »
Just to give people an update: the itching didn't go away after a few days so I scheduled an appointment. The doctor saw nothing wrong down there and did a urinalysis to test for chlamydia, UTI and gonorrhea. Everything came back negative.  ;D

Still feel a little off down there but that might just be my anxiety speaking.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: