Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Bipolar or GAD?  (Read 131 times)

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bipolar or GAD?
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:10:49 PM »
I started my Zoloft treatment back in december and have titrated up to 200mg a day. Every month it seems ill be doing fine after the dose increase and then 4-5 weeks later ill relapse and my depression and anxiety will be back full force. Could this actually be rapid cycling bipolar disorder that has gone undiagnosed? Ive heard for those woth rapid cycling bipolar it can be confused with GAD or major depreassion
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bcollinsix

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bipolar or GAD?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:28:59 PM »
We'll if your bipolar you would also have manic episodes. Research bipolar 1 and 2. And if you do have bipolar taking antidepressants makes it worse, so I've heard.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 11:37:07 PM »
Hi, I am bipolar 2.  And before they figured that out, they thought it was depression and gave me prozac.
It did make me manic, till they added in lithium.  Thats been going great for 15 years.

But recently during winter, I've had what my therapist thinks is GAD.  I've never had rapid cycling bipolar so can't say about that.
Good luck.  For myself, I'm hoping to try Buspar.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 12:28:51 AM »
Its difficult to say. I don't believe I've experienced full blown mania but when I recover from the dark depths of doom and despair I sometimes feel euphoric. At first I assumed it was the zoloft working but now that Im noticing a pattern I'm beginning to think I may have some form of rapid cycling bipolar. Are there mood stabilizers that work well with Zoloft? Perhaps depakote? Im weary of using lithium with zoloft due to major interactions. Any suggestions or ideas? Im so tired of going to the psych hospital once a month.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: