Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fibro, Anxiety or What? Help Please.  (Read 207 times)

Offline Zocko 14

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fibro, Anxiety or What? Help Please.
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
For the last couple of months, I have been experiencing consistent random muscle, joint and bone pains in my back, hands, feet, legs, hips, ribs, arms. Te pains range from sharp to minor. I also have had Sciatica type pain but that seems to be getting better after 3 months.

Yes, when all of this first strted happening, I was VERY VERY anxious about MS ;*)

Very little eyelid twitching. And some tremors in my left hand.

The palms of my hands seem to be hot all the time.

I have some very intermittent numbness on patces of my face and hands especially at night. Some buzzing feeling in the back of my left thigh.

I am sensitive to hot and cold.

My vision is blurry a lot.

I can not sleep at all at night but 4 to 4.5 hours.

Some digestion issues.

My GP has done all kinds of blood work, everything has come back normal except my Vitamin D level is kind of low.

I have been to a Neurologist also and she did several physical tests and said, I show no signs of MS or ALS. She did not do a MRI on my head.

My GP did have  xrays and a MRI done on my lumbar spine. They both came back perfect. I am 46 yr old male, and he and the neurologist said, I have the spine of a 21 year old :action-smiley-065: Hey, I enjoyed that one bit of good news.

Would anxiety cause me to have these pains 24/7 for the past 2 or 3 months? Have your pains ever lasted this long if it was anxiety? Or could it be fibro?

Do you think the pains will go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fibro, Anxiety or What? Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 01:39:43 PM »
In answer to your question, yes,  my symptoms have lasted actually longer than 3 months.  I have had a prickly feeling in the skin of my legs for about three years. I had the same symptoms before this 3 year bout, but it actually went away for about two years.  These symptoms where so distressing that I visited a neurologist, had  MRi's, nerve tests, and blood work done.  Everything came back normal. No one can figure it out.  I have been told it could be anxiety related, but who knows.

Sorry you are feeling so lousy. Have doctors told you what they think it might be?

Feel well!
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
Also I forgot to mention, have you read the 100 symptoms of anxiety ? If not, you probably should. It is a real eye-opener. Everything you have mentioned is on that list. Your situation could definitely be caused by anxiety and stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Zocko 14

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »
In answer to your question, yes,  my symptoms have lasted actually longer than 3 months.  I have had a prickly feeling in the skin of my legs for about three years. I had the same symptoms before this 3 year bout, but it actually went away for about two years.  These symptoms where so distressing that I visited a neurologist, had  MRi's, nerve tests, and blood work done.  Everything came back normal. No one can figure it out.  I have been told it could be anxiety related, but who knows.

Sorry you are feeling so lousy. Have doctors told you what they think it might be?

Feel well!

He has told me , it is just sciatica and anxiety with the pains be referred to other parts of my body, just anxiety, tense muscles in my neck, just in my head.

The last visit a few weeks ago, he was like, hmmmmmm, have you ever heard of Fibromyalgia. I said, Yes, he was like this sounds a little like it, but you don't really have enough symptoms. Which yes, ticked me off because he should not have evenmentioned the word, if he did not think I had it. So of course, I come straight home and comitted the cardinal sin of googling Fibro.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »
Yes, don't you love when they do this - throw some disorder out there and the say, but you probably don't have it. That happened to me. 5 or 6 years ago. I had a lump under my arm and the doctor said if it 's lymphoma we'll have to remove it. I flipped out, and it turned out to be nothing.

I am guessing you have worked yourself up. Try to work on your anxiety.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: