Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feel strange and anxious around young women (18-24)  (Read 353 times)

Offline ryanjay

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feel strange and anxious around young women (18-24)
« on: March 11, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
i have been having this issue due to having very little contact with females around my age due to being placed in special ed after being misdiagnosed with autism (actually depression). i dropped out recently to do further education courses. i can't even look at females without a feeling of anxiety and worry, even animated females (i am a bit geeky). i have only spoken to two females around my age in the past 7 years, none of which i was able to develop a connection/friendship with. the schools i went to had very few females, and the ones there were mentally handicapped and not fun to be around at all. most of the people i meet are shallow and hateful, not to mention mentally handicapped. i am waiting for a kind female to enter my life that will actually allow my mind to be calm and focused yet again, rather than the negative memories of autistic people yelling insults at my face for no real reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Katie_

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feel strange and anxious around young women (18-24)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »
I have exactly the same problem when it comes to guys around my age. Although I have always attended schools and colleges that have both genders, I just feel constantly anxious whenever a guy tries to talk to me or even looks in my direction. I just feel as though I am going to be forever alone if I can't overcome it. Sorry I cannot help in anyway, it will be interesting to see what other people say.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Isa

• Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »
I get anxious around guys due to little interaction as well. Maybe try talking to some nice girls on here a little and see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Freedirt

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 06:48:19 AM »
There's a lot to be said here. The gist being that there's no quick fix for someone in your situation. There's tons of canned advice that you'll get on this front (i.e. 'just be yourself'). I used to dish out the same lines before I learned to really empathize and understand that phrases like that are vague and useless if romantic connections aren't hard-wired into your personality. You'll have to give yourself time to grow as an individual and maybe study human sociability along the way. It can be interesting for people like you. Just don't make the mistake of falling into the whole PUA routine. It's all garbage. Effective garbage, sure. But it encourages you to think like a sociopath. It'll get you laid but you'll feel empty and unhappy in the long run.

So basically try making a habit of taking yourself out of your comfort zone and give yourself time to grow.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: