Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Gastritis Question  (Read 620 times)

Offline dapayton

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gastritis Question
« on: March 11, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
Hey Guys,

I was diagnosed with Chronic Gastritis through a biopsy of an Endoscopy recently and had a couple questions.  First off, I started having the issue about 7 months ago after a coworker passed away from Pancreatic Cancer.  I went through a period of remarkable anxiety and developed a pain in my upper abdomen. 

Pain:  Fairly Localized just to the left of where the breastbone extends down from the rib cage (just left of the pointy part).  It focuses in the gap between the pointy extension of the breastone and the rib cage to the left and is a gnawing pain.  Is this similar to anyone else’s pain associated with Gastritis?

Other than the pain, I have been having a lot of gas and have been belching tons whenever I have the pain flareups.   I feel like it is mainly driven by my anxiety but want to work on changing my lifestyle to help improve it. Starting Nexium today, but what other recommendations do you guys have?
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gastritis Question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 10:58:01 AM »
I hated when I was on Nexium. I think it caused all kinds of problems for me both while I was on it and when I tried to stop taking it.  I've been off for about a week now.

It helped me to take digestive enzymes with food. The kind I take are from CVS and say "food intolerance digestive aid." I also took ginger supplements to help with the nausea.

Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
ive had pain is this exact area off and on for several years.  i kept getting told it was gastritis. it would eventually just get better with or without treatment.  i always feared it was an ulcer eating its way through my stomach.  i had some tests done and they said i had some mild spasming of the esophagus. that is i had the doctor point out on xray where this place was and it was not near where i feel pain.
lately ive been having burning all over in my abdomen area. ive been drinking mylanta and taking tums. thinking about going on prilosec for a couple weeks.
i even cut out sodas and stuff.
stomach problems are so weird. i can tell my stomach gets worse during times of stress and then sometimes for no reason at all.
i wished i had some answers for you but all i have to offer is that i have pain in the same area as you. i hope you feel better soon
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline anark22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »
I have also had pain there especially when im anxious and I'm eating more acidic foods like tomato based food or evn having caffeine. I guess its just frustrating that there isn;t a direct diagnosis and a way to make it go away. I haven't gone to a doctor for it, but I was wondering if you've ever gotten bronchitis while dealing with gastritis and anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »
i dont know if its bronchitis or not but i have had acid reflux bother me enough that my breathing felt somewhat labored. probably only enough for an anxious person to notice it. i have also had times where my throat felt like it was closing up for days to weeks at a time. possibly due to irritation of the esophagus. <----- I never spell that word right
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: