Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Burping = Pain  (Read 103 times)

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Burping = Pain
« on: March 11, 2014, 06:18:01 AM »
Mere seconds after I burp, my chest hurts a little, I cannot take a full, deep breath, I get palpitations and I become dizzy or nauseous. I might also get the sensation of pressure in my ears. Does anyone else get this?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burping = Pain
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 07:34:43 AM »
I would say it depends on how much you burp. You could be over doing it. Making yourself burp. As a lot of people with anxiety tend to do. Pains could simply be the fact that you are tensed up. Once you feel the pain your mind kicks into action and you start to panic a bit. Making things worse. Less burping if possible. If it happens in a natural way then good for it. Just think you have linked burping to these feelings that you feel. Hence when you do burp those feelings come on. Because your mind expects them to come on.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 08:10:24 AM »
My GI physician told me many cases of burping are due to swallowing too much air, especially
when eating. GI issues sometimes can cause palpitations.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Daxter

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
I would say it depends on how much you burp. You could be over doing it. Making yourself burp. As a lot of people with anxiety tend to do. Pains could simply be the fact that you are tensed up. Once you feel the pain your mind kicks into action and you start to panic a bit. Making things worse. Less burping if possible. If it happens in a natural way then good for it. Just think you have linked burping to these feelings that you feel. Hence when you do burp those feelings come on. Because your mind expects them to come on.

I hope this is the case; having suspected GI issues I take Gaviscon Advance and have tried various PPIs/H2 Blockers/Antidepressants with no benefit. Thank you for the reply.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: