Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Funky mole that turned out benign? Melanoma fears  (Read 348 times)

Offline astroturf

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Funky mole that turned out benign? Melanoma fears
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
I'm currently in a melanoma fear. :(

I have some rely funny moles, including one near a spot of skin that itches occasionally.  I can't tell if it's the mole or the general area that itches.

I'm seeing dermatologist soon. Waiting for appointment. Until then, can anyone share GOOD NEWS stories about moles and melanoma fears?

Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Funky mole that turned out benign? Melanoma fears
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 04:19:29 PM »
I have a raised mole on my back near the side that will itch at times on and off - it's been like that for years.  It may itch for days and then stop for years.  Where is the mole?  I mean if you are female and it's around the bra area, could be irritation.  Whether male OR female if it's near the top of your back could be a shirt tag irritating it - or underwear if it's near the waist or other side by the legs...
Bookmark and Share

Offline astroturf

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
One that I'm worried about is on my ear. But I have exzema on that ear too from hair spray, etc.

The mole is tiny and not raised. General doc not concerned, but I've read all those horror stories :(

I have one on my leg too. Been there all my life but it's ugly looking. Doesn't fit the ABCD rules.

And I have one on sole of my foot and in between toe. Yeah, don't google that  :sprachlos020:

Had full body exam 1.5 years ago. Had a few removed. All was ok. But fear is creeping in again. Especially about ear.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 05:04:23 PM »
Tiny, not raised, doctor not concerned?  Neither should you be concerned.  It's probably the eczema itching and being irritated from hairspray.
Hairspray puts a thin film over things and even when you wash your ear you may not be getting off totally.  I really don't think it's the mole itching.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: