Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Itch in legs with brief leg jerk.  (Read 88 times)

Offline ryanjay

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Itch in legs with brief leg jerk.
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
i apologize for my poor grammar, typing with one hand due to repetitive strain injury in my other hand. took me forever to just write this and i am usually more coherent.

i have been having this bothersome symptom for a while, which has happened twice thankfully, but it's worrying.

i am prone to itchy skin, and in my legs i have had two incidents of this. i would get a very strong itch in a part of my leg, and then the leg it is on will suddenly jerk, causing no pain and the itch reacts to scratching like a normal itch.

but i can't help but worry this is a neurological issue, i am prone to minor jerks but not like this. once i even felt a shooting pain from my hip to the area of the itch on my leg.

i am often worrying about my brain at the moment, was my heart last year (and i had bad palpitations due to a horrible school environment) and now it's my brain. i can't seem to have a break at the moment from all this.

is this a normal anxiety symptom? my mother doesn't seem to fully understand what it is. worried its ms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Itch in legs with brief leg jerk.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
I certainly have had my fair share of muscle jerks...never really thought much of them.

Muscle jerking is definitely a symptom of anxiety.  As I said, I have had muscle jerks plenty of times (it's creepy almost when it goes all the way across my back).  But, the itchiness is more than likely just dry skin or as you said something normal that you experience.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: