Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Went to the ENT for my dizziness. Please respond.  (Read 362 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
Went to the ENT for my dizziness. Please respond.
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:36:49 PM »
Ok friday and saturday of last weekend i had a full pressure non stop weekend moving out the ex girlfreind renting uhaul trucks going up and down 2 levels of stairs about 50 times those 2 days... drank alot saturday night, might have triggered the dizzy spell sunday but who knows.. so I was dizzy since sunday (8 days ago)..... had a dizzy spell that afternoon. Then had another one wednesday evening. Lasted like a few minutes for both one, was pacing around took xanax. Etc. I went to the ENT today because I am getting wierd feelings in my head, pressure in the eyes, pressure in the head like its a hundred pounds, and still feel dizzy lightheaded. Checked my ears and nose and was clear as can be. He said we can do an audiogram for my peace of mind to show I have no brain tumor causing this. The test was immaculate, best hearing he has seen in quite a bit and that he would never want to whisper around me. He said I have no tumor growing on the brain stem or the hearing would be off by a long shot etc etc. But does that mean there can be a brain tumor ELSEWHERE than the brain stem? I did say, so I'm not dying of anything and this dizziness is just from anxiety and stress etc he said absolutely, and you hopefully have another 70 years in you. Real nice guy. I have also been having tingling in my fingers almost all day yesterday and now today just a little in my left pinky finger but i have a cut there so i hope that is healing, but im not sure why it was both hands yesterday. Anyway even that didnt convince me I wasnt dying. Can some of you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline pb

• Poke This Member
Re: Went to the ENT for my dizziness. Please respond.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:06:04 PM »
I get dizziness a lot. They say usually people with brain rumors have seizures as there first symptom not even headaches. Maybe you just exerted yourself too much. Maybe your dehydrated. These are much more plausible then a brain tumor. My neighbor had a brain tumor and he woke up one day and couldn't walk. As hypos we go to worst case senario. If an Ent even thought for a second it was a brain tumor they would have ordered a MRI.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »
Yes I would assume that he would want to look into things further if he felt it was necessary. But I am having some tingles in my fingers, and random tingling in my legs and numb patches on my skin and on my scalp. And some dull headaches. Wierd shift feelings in my eyes. I mean if I can think about that being a brain tumor you would think it would be CONSTANT as the tumor sitting on whatever nerve wouldnt be "on and off", but my anxiety still doesnt allow me to think rationally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 04:27:15 PM »
Hi,

All these symptoms could be due to anxiety. It's crazy and amazing the different effects that anxiety, severe anxiety, panic can cause.... It really throws your whole body chemistry/balance off.  You could also be deficient in something like magnesium, or you could be dehydrated....  Many non emergency things could be the reason...And since you seem to be having a bit of hypocrondria, which I think is a symptom of anxiety/panic, makes me believe this is just anxiety.  Believe me, I've been there, done that!  :)

You could try some natural things to see if it helps resolve some of your issues, before trying meds.  Magnesium might be one.  Some realxing herbs like Valerian Root, Kava Kava root, or amino acids like Gaba, L-Theanine, etc....Try one at a time and see if it helps.  Some people could have some side effects with herbs and natural produts just like meds, usually they are less severe or non-existant. Some people might have an adverse reaction, like Valerian might cause more anxietiy instead of relaxation. I think it did that to me at first, but now it helps to relax. 

In any case, it's always good to talk to a doctor to rule out anything serious, but if they don't think it's serious and just anxiety, then try something natural to see if it helps to relax you, then if it's not enough, talk to your doctor about meds, but my opinion is to try something natural first and use meds as a last resort. Now, if you are low on Neurotransmitters like Serotonin, which can cause anxiety, depression, etc....You might want to try some amino acids (from proteins) l-tryptophan or 5-htp (more directly made into Serotonin), Tyrosine can help with other neurotransmitters, etc...But, I would talk to a ND (Naturopathic Doctor) to help guide you with this .

As you start to relax, sleep better (if that is an issue), you should see some if not most of these symptoms go away.  If you are dehydrated, drink lots of water. Avoid sugars, caffeine, which might also help you be less stimulated which could help relax you.

I hope you feel better.

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »
I have tried so many herbs, teas, natural remedies you name it. Nothing works for me. I started prozac 6 days ago, and quit smoking 4 days ago. This all started happening 8 days ago. I wonder if these two things are making all my physical symptoms 30 TIMES WORSE. But the thing that scares me is tingling in the fingers, along with the dizziness, the lightheaded feeling and the headaches that come and go. I know the ENT said I have no brain tumor and im not dying, I still have my doubts of course because I am outrageous.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 05:59:41 PM »
SSRIs are big contributors to dizziness as well.  It eventually settles down.

Relax, you're not dying, you have anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline karachondria

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Obsessed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »
My sister suffers from this. She got blood work and EKG's done but nothing was wrong with her.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 06:14:40 PM »
I wish i can believe it guys I really do. You think even only 10 MG of prozac will have an effect with the dizziness and weird feeling? I mean if it was a brain tumor, the symptoms would have to be CONSTANT and SEVERE right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 08:50:13 PM »
I am having slight headaches on the left side on top of my head , still getting tingling on my left pinky, still freaking out. Wish this prozac would just do something already. I hope this isnt something serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »
Yes even a low dose can cause the symptoms.  It can take 4-6 weeks to reach a therapeutic dose.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 09:46:00 PM »
Would these symptoms be alot worse if it was something more serious than just anxiety? And would my ENT have sent me for more tests if he thought maybe this guy does have something more going on than just anxiety...?

I mean I sit here, and I can get every single physical symptom somehow. My arm will feel like its numb, my head will hurt in a spot, my eyes will get spots in it,  my fingers will tingle, my throat will feel like its closing, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »
Those are all classic symptoms of anxiety!
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 12:32:29 PM »
Agreed.. as you probably already know, those are all classic anxiety symptoms. Your ears must be in remarkably good condition, I went to the ENT for the same thing. Now, keep in mind I have a looong history of ear-related issues. I had tubes put in as a child, had my ear drum ruptured in a bad accident in 06', and had a follow up surgery and another set of tubes put in a few years later. So when I started having dizziness last year, they opted to do a dizziness test at my ENT's office.

They lay you down and subject your ears to alternating pressure differences. They then flow a steady stream of intense air into one ear, then the other. The test makes you purposely dizzy, and you're wearing a mask with cameras watching your eyes, so the technician can observe their reaction. After that there's another test where you stand and follow a series of red laser pointer dots on a wall. Can't remember all the specifics because, much to my surprise, I passed the test. The purpose of it is to determine if your ears are the cause of your dizziness.

Sounds like you can safely mark them off the list. I still get light headed and dizzy, with the arm/hand/finger tingles as well. I just write them off as anxiety, I've had every test I can think of and have passed them all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 12:56:43 PM »
Hi Valley,

I have not tried Prozac, but SSRI's can cause different start up side-effect that can go away in time.  Have you seen a Chiropractor?  You could have disc bulging pressing against a nerve, or something out of alignment that could be causing some of your tingling etc... My back/neck is really messed up and I get tingling and numbness in my feet, arms, fingers all the time, especially in bed when I'm laying down on my back.  I wake up with my fingers and some times arm feeing numb and I have to move them and shake them off to get them feeling better again.  So, it could just be something non-serious with your spine.  Also, carpal tunnel from using a computer, etc... can cause tingling numbness in your fingers etc.......Again, nothing serious.  You could just wait and see how you feel once the Prozac kicks in and your anxiety is calmed down. Then you can really evaluate what symptoms you truely have at that time.

I hope you feel great soon!

Soccer
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
I appreciate all the responses. Clipper he did not give me that one test you are talking about laying down with air in your ears etc. just hearing test. He said nothing is going on neurologically..

Now with this tingling in my left pinky finger and part of Palm now that has been there almost four days (one day it was both hands)... Sometimes goes away for seconds or minutes... Has me worried it is MS.

I have been dizzy for 8 days off and on too so it makes perfect sense with that and tingling for me to have MS at 26 years old. If it isn't a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: