Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Itchy throat and chest  (Read 84 times)

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Itchy throat and chest
« on: March 10, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
Lately I've been experiencing an itchy throat and chest/lungs. Not just the itchy tickle thing that makes you cough, but a constant itch. It happens at random times, sometimes lasting for 20 minutes and sometimes lasting for a few days. Could this be psychosomatic? I can't seem to find anyone else with this symptom. My latest "issue" with my health anxiety is having fatal allergic reactions to pretty much anything, or having a mast cell disorder (body producing allergic reactions to basically anything, or for no reason at all). For about a year before the itching started, I've also experienced chest and throat pressure with shortness of breath, constant throat clearing, post nasal drip, and cough. I have what feels like acid burning around my diaphragm area as well sometimes.  I have considered maybe a problem with acid reflux, but I don't find much info relating the itching to that. I've seen "tickle in the throat" but not the more constant itching that I experience. I know I shouldn't google, but everything online points to allergies/allergic reactions. It's winter in Minnesota so there aren't any pollens or anything, and it isn't consistent with certain foods. I really don't want to go to the doc again because I feel embarrassed and like he's sick of me wasting his time. Is it really possible that the horrible itching is just another manifestation of my anxiety? Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Itchy throat and chest
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »
Ive been expericning what i think is simmilar. Im able to sleep through the night, but going to bed it feels like i cant breath correctly, and when i wake up in the morning it seems its there as well but gets worse as I think about it. We have been inside for a long winter, I think it is allergies, I think people with anxiety are more intune with their bodies so allergies affect us more. Ive had this problem since november off and on an though its the major cause of my stress, i haven't died yet so that might comfort.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: