Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really on the verge of going to the er- please someone help me  (Read 240 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I don't think i can take it anymore.
For the past month or two, it seems like almost every single night that i wake up in the middle of the night with really bad nausea. I never actually throw up,
But for some reason, i am always really nauseaus. And the past week, it seems like anything i eat makes me bathroom sick (sorry, tmi). I was in the er at the end of december for anxiety, and they did some basic tests (took blood, urine, ekg, checked thyroid), and they said everything was normal. My biggest fear is that i have something underlying that i haven't found out,
And the main scare is cancer. I have had 2 people in my life be diagnoased with it, and now i just found out that another person that i know has been diagnoased, so i know that is not helping my fear at all. I don't have many other main symptoms that i can think of, other then random headaches once in a while and back/shoulder pain. But the nausea is almost every night, (def not pregnant), and it is scaring me so much. I really, really want to google to see of it is a sign of cancer or anything else bad, but i am too afraid. Should i be concerned about this? I don't really know what to do. Is it alarming? Do i need to go to a doctor? Im a pretty anxious person and tend to get stressed pretty easily, but it's not like i have had anything different go on that would seem to make me any more stressed. I'm just really scared that theres somethong else wrong :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really on the verge of going to the er- please someone help me
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 06:07:24 AM »
Does the nausea subside after a little bit?  I recall waking up every morning for months really, really nauseated.  I hated to even bend over the tub to reach for the soap because I thought I would puke.  It would last about an hour or so and gradually subside.  I never knew what it was because I never went to a doctor.  I was younger at the time and chalked it up to anxiety.  (I guess it was, it went away, nothing was wrong)
As for the other thing - that could be IBS.  If it happens while you are still eating up to an hour after you are finished, that's when IBS-D will usually hit.  Or are you taking a new medication or herb?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:35:25 AM »
Sounds a lot like anxiety. Having some of the same symptoms myself from a recent sinus infection. Feel nausea throughout the day as well as headaches that go away when I stay busy. Usually if you are anticipating the symptoms you're going to experience them especially if you get stressed or anxious easily.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:08 AM »
Could it be reflux? Your symptoms sound like what my husband had when his reflux was really bad. He said he would wake up suddenly almost on the verge of vomiting. He lost weight and it went away. Hope you feel better soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alecia6

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 08:30:31 AM »
You've experienced a lot of upset recently finding out that people you care about were diagnosed with cancer. That is traumatic to a person and can affect them. For those of us with anxiety, it seems the natural process to start worrying that it will now happen to us.
Your nausea could very well be an extension of your upset and anxiety over it. Particularly you can experience the stomach tightening with added acids in it due to stress. This is turn could be making your stomach upset, especially in the middle of the night when you are laying down and it has no where to go but sit in your tummy.
I myself have experienced it a lot in my years with anxiety. I've also gotten really bad stomach pains from it.
All of it is nothing serious, and in time does go away on it's own.
If you've already seen the doctor and had tests done as you say you have, the chances of it being serious are actually very slim to none.
I know how you feel though, even though all of your tests came out fine, your mind goes right to what if they haven't found something? I again have done this several times over the years. But I did go back and have myself more thoroughly checked over and still they found nothing.
I even got angry with the doctors telling them that I did not feel well and they must have not either found the problem, or they were being incompetent.
Truthfully, neither were true. It was my anxiety taking over everything and convincing my brain to worry.
Try to eat gentle foods on your tummy for the next week, as well as nothing but water, or milk. It should help make a difference.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 01:25:57 PM »
Hi everyone-

Thank you all so much for the responses-

The nausea does seem to go away after a while. It's really weird though because I usually only get it at night, not during the day. It just freaks me out because it has been so constant :/ I'm not sure if I have a reflux problem, but it does sound like at times, it can be that. Or maybe it all is just anxiety. I have no idea- but there are times where I feel like anxiety tries to control my entire life. Usually, I have a pretty good handle on it. But there are times, like lastnight where I just get so nauseous and freaked that I drive myself insane. Ugh. Neverending battle I guess. :( Thanks so much for all of your input
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 05:43:01 AM »
If it only happens at night it sounds more like reflux. When you lay perfectly flat the stomach acid has an easier time going back up and once you get up and move around a bit gravity helps it flow back down. Try propping your bed up a few inches with some blocks (usually more pillows won't work as your upper body has to be higher not just your head) or sleeping on your left side. If it helps then its most likely reflux.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: