Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Upset at myself for being upset  (Read 142 times)

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Upset at myself for being upset
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:49:08 PM »
Well, it will take too long to write so this is the condensed version...I got upset at someone for something that didn't even warrant being upset, and now I am upset at myself because of it.  And the first reason I got upset revolves around my anxiety...I got upset because I did not want to do something that I thought would make me anxious, and that something was nothing that under normal circumstances would cause one to be anxious.  So, the reason I am upset with myself is because I am questioning, 'why can't I just be normal?'...'why did I have to react in such an ugly way?'...

I don't know..with anxiety, it sometimes feels like one step forward, and two steps back.  And when I let it control me this way my self-esteem suffers greatly...I feel like a failure on so many levels.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Billie

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Upset at myself for being upset
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:18:15 PM »
I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now. Give yourself a little break. I bet you did some great things today too. Just keep moving forward as best as you can, kicking anxiety in the butt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
Hi Billie, thank you so much for your reply!  My counselor always told me how extremely hard I tend to be on myself....I get so caught up in my emotions that I don't even realize that I am so hard on myself.

Another reason I am feeling not myself is despite being diagnosed with a wheat allergy I sometimes have my way with wheat, so to say.  For the last couple of days I have eaten bread, cookies, crackers....foods that I should be avoiding, and normally do, but I thought, 'how bad will eating just a little make me feel?'.  Needless to say my main symptom is extreme fatigue, and that is how I feel at the moment, which doesn't help mentally either.

But, today is the start of a new week, and a new road to recovery!  Spring seems to have sprung which always brightens my disposition, so onward and upward!!!  Woohoo!! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:19 PM »
Well, it will take too long to write so this is the condensed version...I got upset at someone for something that didn't even warrant being upset, and now I am upset at myself because of it.  And the first reason I got upset revolves around my anxiety...I got upset because I did not want to do something that I thought would make me anxious, and that something was nothing that under normal circumstances would cause one to be anxious.  So, the reason I am upset with myself is because I am questioning, 'why can't I just be normal?'...'why did I have to react in such an ugly way?'...

I don't know..with anxiety, it sometimes feels like one step forward, and two steps back.  And when I let it control me this way my self-esteem suffers greatly...I feel like a failure on so many levels.

I get upset at myself over my anxiety because it just happens out of the blue. I'll just be sitting there on the computer and I'll start sweating and get a rapid heart beat. Once that happens I find it hard to focus on anything else which makes things worse. It's upsetting because I KNOW nothing is wrong with me. Blood works fine, heart scan, etc. So there is no logical reason for me to be worried. But at that moment no matter how much you tell yourself you're ok there's nothing to worry about it's hard to push those feelings away.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: