Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: is this anxiety ???  (Read 269 times)

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
is this anxiety ???
« on: March 09, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »
Hey everyone. Over the past 2 years I have had numerous symptoms like feeling lightheaded, nausea, loose stool, frequent urination and abdominal discomfort. I have noticed some trends though and I'm wondering if this points at my symptoms being related to anxiety. The symptoms are really come and go, and I never have more than one at the same time. Also they always go away at night when I go to sleep and when I'm in bed in the morning but when I get up and start my day it starts. I'm also thinking to myself it can't be something sinister as the symptoms dissapear and then come back, not getting worse either.

all this started after my dad died. At the time I did feel anxious about dying and getting sick however my anxiety now is much much better until I get one of these symptoms. Like right now I'm experiencing on/off nausea during the day which is the exact same symptom I have 2 years ago when my anxiety started. What are your thoughts ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: is this anxiety ???
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:02:54 PM »
I have similar symptoms. IBS, headaches, pain, and nausea. Sounds like anxiety to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline servo75

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »
I used to have terrible panic attacks because I have an intense fear of vomiting.  I don't know where that came from.  But I would get terrible attacks that would last an hour or more.  I eventually started taking klonopin temporarily, and tried several antianxiety/antidepressants.  Mine were actually worse at night.  Eventually I got to the point where I found meds that worked, and it came down to convincing myself that there was no need to worry, that nothing bad was happening, and there was no reason for me to be sick to my stomach.  It wasn't easy but it eventually worked.  I still get them from time to time.  I don't think they're ever cured really, but we learn to deal with them to the point that when they happen we are able to swat it off more quickly.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 02:42:01 PM »
So do most of you see my symptoms as anxiety ? Is it true that if it was something sinister it wouldn't come and go ? Also the fact that I don't have nausea when I go to sleep ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:14:47 PM »
It sounds a lot like anxiety. Nausea is one of my worst symptoms. I had a sinus infection for about 2 months that caused me to get ear aches, headaches, and worst of all nausea. Even though my infection is almost fully cleared up throughout the day I'll get occasional nausea and headaches. In my case if I keep my mind busy such as playing a computer game or anything that I have to focus on my symptoms usually go away so I know it's most likely from anxiety and me anticipating of feeling those symptoms. Usually if you wake up feeling "I hope I don't feel nauseous today", you usually focus on it and cause yourself to have it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Faron79

• Rock-n-Roller!
  • Mood: Mischievous
    Mischievous
  • Thoughts CANNOT harm you...therefore fear cannot..
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 11:35:15 PM »
It is EXACTLY Anxiety!

I went through the same things.
Servo75's post is on the right track, but doesn't go quite far enough.
Read some info. on CBT to learn how to intercept this erroneous thinking...and realize it for what it is...simply mis-directed  thoughts!!

Faron
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:23 PM »
I'm too sure if I would even classify it as nausea, but more like a yucky feeling inside.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »
I'm too sure if I would even classify it as nausea, but more like a yucky feeling inside.

Yep..I feel the same way from my anxiety. I feel nausea but never really like I'm going to throw up..just an "uncomfortable" mucus in the throat type of feeling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rachael t

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 06:42:32 AM »
hi im to going through all these symptoms hate it
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »

Yep..I feel the same way from my anxiety. I feel nausea but never really like I'm going to throw up..just an "uncomfortable" mucus in the throat type of feeling.

wow I am not the only one that has this weird feeling. Does your come and go ? Mine is very inconsistent and goes away when I am going to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: