CHALLENGE yourself on this!!!
With all the WAY TOO EASY "instant diagnosis" available on the internet these last few years, SO MANY people start CREATING FEARS of some dreaded new disease...ME INCLUDED!!! Through a good CBT-Therapist, I realized how AND WHY it's so easy to start CATASTROPHIZING" things, based on one little new ache!
I'm now 99% free of those ridiculous "what's wrong with me" thoughts!
I was EXACTLY like you. I've stated here that my left-shoulder aches & pains over the years were a heart-attack coming on. My heart-exams were always fine. I do have PVC-beats, & some tendency for A-fib...BUT SO WHAT!!!! This CAN'T & WON'T kill me!!! My fear of these things has disappeared. Because of CBT...I learned to tell myself "C'mon Faron...who has heart-attack pain for 10 years"?!?!? Then you start to realize how goofed-up your thinking-habits are/were!
Other things my CBT helped me realize-
* I'm being cared for. My primary Dr., CBT-visits every few months, & yearly Cardiologist visits (I'm 52, so I need to do that anyway!!) will handle things for/with me.
* Even IF an A-fib episode comes on...IT CAN'T HURT ME. Because of Dr. care, I take a full aspirin a day, along with normal B/P medication. I HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR from this. Therefore, a clot-risk is VERY miniscule.
* FEAR-THOUGHTS/SENSATIONS are JUST THAT....FEARS and THOUGHTS.
* You CANNOT BE HARMED in any way from a FEAR.
* You CANNOT BE HARMED in any way from a THOUGHT.
* So...WHAT ACTUALLY remains to be afraid of?????
* These realizations were especially powerful for me.
* The more I think about these basic premises, the more powerful I feel.
Something to think about here!
Again...CHALLENGE every fear you have...YOU can overwhelm IT. Kick ITS ass!!!!