Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Incredible story ...  (Read 151 times)

Offline Jason293117

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Incredible story ...
« on: March 08, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
So, I wasgoing to take my son to a small carnival today, he is 8, but he wanted to bring his 4 year old cousin because she was all by herself. Probably the most unselfish thing he has ever done. I explained to him that i didnt have enough money to take her as well. After discussing things with him he decided to give up the carnival and I would take them to chucky cheeses. With my current anxiety issues I knew this would be tough. Dreading walking through the door I pushed myself through, ordered our pizza and tokens and proceeded to a far back corner booth. The place was slammed, it was an absalute nightmare! Anyway the kids were playing and I found myself at one of those boring ticket games. As I am playing this little girl came by me and just fell, right beside me! I went to ask her if she was ok and she started violently shaking, she was having a siezure! I immediately put her on her side so she didnt aspirate or something because she was spitting up quite a bit, I opened her mouth to make sure she wasnt swallowing her tongue or something, Ive heard that somewhere before. I was yelling out for help while dialing 911, the on sight officer came over and just fn stood there! I asked him for help that I didnt know what to do, he tells me to just leave her that it will pass. I told him she would choke on her spit, he asked who was on the phone if it was her parents i said its emergency and made him talk to them while I attende to the girl. She began to calm and was looking at me and all I could do is keep telling her it was ok help was coming, she laid her head in my lap and tried to sleep, the officer said that that was normal after a seizure, so I just kept talking to her and rubbing her back until rescue got there. Whats missing in this story? HER PARENTS WEREN'T EVEN THERE! I dont know what happened after that, but i am so glad i forced myself in there, I felt very proud after the fact. I saved a babies life. AWESOME.
Bookmark and Share

Offline nitleyechos

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Incredible story ...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:12:28 PM »
Congratulations!
I'm taking an emt course and putting her on her side so she didn't aspirate was a good move.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cromptonia

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • love and then love some more
    • Poke This Member
Re: Incredible story ...
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 12:14:09 AM »
Well done, it's so nice to hear stories like this from people.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: