Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i need reassurance  (Read 147 times)

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i need reassurance
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:59:16 PM »
Im so scared that i have a brain tumor.. here are my symptoms: eye pain, blurry vision, headache, very bad dizziness, nausea, fatigue, forgetting words, ear pain, clogged ears. This has been happening for about a month and ive seen 3 drs but they all think its just anxiety. I feel like i need an mri to ease my anxiety or else i wont stop thinking about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i need reassurance
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »
If you have seen 3 doctors and they have all said you need to address your anxiety, don't you think maybe you should look into it? These are trained professionals. They will NOT turn someone away who they truly think has a brain tumor. They know what to look for right off. Are you doing anything for your anxiety? Pretty much all your symptoms fit right into anxiety symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:11:56 PM »
Yes i am trying to convince myself that it is anxiety but hypochondriacs just cant do that easily. The reason why i dont really trust drs is because there are drs who would misdiagnose patients who actually do have brain tumors and i feel like an mri is the only way to know if i have a tumor or not. I have been taking predisone for inflammation for my eye but its not working well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 11:24:11 PM »
Well I'll just tell you I insisted I had a brain tumor 4 years ago because I had a killer nonstop 2 week ice pick headache. I saw a neurologist, she did an exam and said I was fine. I insisted otherwise and demanded and MRI. So I got one and guess what? Nothing... Normal brain except for the hypochondriac crazy part :p I saw her to get my normal results and she gave me "headache" medicine. When I got home and looked up what lexapro was I realized it wasn't a headache med but an anti-anxiety pill. My mom told me not to take it cause she said it would give me hallucinations so I didn't. Guess the doc knew better than my mom and I. After years of countless health scares since then (and I'm only 23!) I have now been on lexapro 4 months and it's helped my anxiety a lot. It helps me think logically. I feel like my kind had a chance to slow down and use logic way more often. Btw after I got my clean MRI results, my headache went away....
I have gotten strange things that have happened for years that don't even bother me anymore like heart palps, ears ringing, seeing black waves when I stare up at a dark ceiling at night until the darkness takes over my vision until I blink again, just random stuff that I have come to expect is MY normal. My therapist explained to me some of us are hyper aware of our bodies. We are super in time, we notice every twinge, every eye floater when the average person does not. We just have to learn to live with our normal! And seek counseling, therapy meds or whichever of those you need but at the bare minimum I would highly recommend you see a therapist.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: