Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: lump on my back really freaking out  (Read 132 times)

Offline mrs.boston82

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lump on my back really freaking out
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:17:13 PM »
Hi everyone. Its been a long time since ive posted, so long that i couldnt remember my log in info and had to register again.

I suffer from health anxiety and i thought i was doing good well until last month when i was taking a shower and noticed a hard lump on my upper back and ofcourse since it doesnt seem to be going away my brain is screaming cancer!! It doesnt hurt when i touch it at all its about the size of a quater maybe a lil smaller and its hard..

I kept telling myself its nothing it will go away but its been over a month now and its not. Now my brain is going in over time and the harder i try to push the thoughts away the more they come.

Anyone else ever have a lump like this??
Thanks for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lump on my back really freaking out
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:58:57 PM »
Could be many things. A cyst being top of that list. On my hubs lower back he has a strange, hard, lumpy area and it's def not the same on both sides. He's had it since we were married almost 5 years ago and he's 25 now and very healthy. :) just go see your doctor on Monday for peace of mind and real answers. Have you looked at the lump in the mirror? Is there any redness at all? I had a nassssty acne cyst about the same size as you are describing and it was hard. Not very painful or anything but when I felt it carefully, I could feel a head right in the middle. It wasn't red either, though if it is it almost guaranteed an acne cyst. I couldn't really squeeze much of anything out if it but after a couple if weeks it just shrunk away.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lump on my back really freaking out
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:28:13 PM »
This sounds muscular to me.  I have a hard lump in my neck that I was sure was cancer.  It turned out to be a hard muscle and it's still there one year later.  I really don't think this is anything to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: