Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone had these strange type of thoughts?  (Read 183 times)

Offline bmr86

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone had these strange type of thoughts?
« on: March 08, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »
Let me first say if you read my post history, I have a huge fear of developing schizophrenia. It seems my brain is a good outlet to make things significant, that should be insignificant. While getting dressed, I had the thought that someone told me I lost weight, because I have. This sounds silly I know, but it sparked off a huge panic attack in me because I can't remember anyone telling me I have lost weight, and now I am scared that I am having memories of things I think have happened but didn't happen and I will slowly start to lose touch with reality. Can anyone relate or provide some insight? It seems like I've had every symptom to convince me I'm getting this disorder. It's a nightmare.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alexk1989

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone had these strange type of thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:16:55 PM »
From what I know when you fear something enough, all the symptoms will begin slowly manifesting themselves. You could pick any other illness and probably will find symptoms to fit you. There can be various explanations for your weight loss comment or lack there off. With the weight loss comment, memory can be at times sketchy especially if it's something that distant. Perhaps you dreamt about it a while ago and are now recalling it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Billie

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone had these strange type of thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »
Maybe it's that you want someone to tell you you've lost weight? From what I've been told, if you're questioning reality you're have a grasp of it. Those that lose touch really have no sense that anything is wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: