Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety... Influenza... or worse?  (Read 561 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 27
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety... Influenza... or worse?
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 08:02:56 PM »
No, of course it wouldn't go away and come back again if it were a tumor.  I don't believe heart dizziness acts like that either.  It's more of a "faint" feeling, not a vertigo or balance/swaying kind.   And there's no pattern on those crystals becoming dislodged - they may never become dislodged again after this time, or they may become dislodged in 3 days for only a few hours.  There's no pattern.

LOL!Here I am talking about dizziness and I just got a pressure feeling in my right ear and got dizzy for a sec! 
The power of suggestion, ey? :winking0008:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 10:04:53 PM »
I've "been on a boat" for 3 weeks now, this is the 2nd bout of it. A lot of it is something called vestibular neuritis (virus in the middle ear that inflames the nerve) but my anxiety makes it worse. Anxiety itself is also a very common cause of this sensation. I recommend seeing your dr and getting your ears checked. If they are ok then it's anxiety :) they gave me serc tablets to help control the motion but I have sever anxiety about medication so I have not taken them. Symptoms get better usually within a week but can take 3-6 weeks to fully disappear
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 10:18:31 PM »
WOW NO WAY!!! I just got back from the walk in clinic! He pretty much didn't help me at all just said he'd refer me to an ENT but looked in my ears and said they looked fine, he prescribed me serc!! I was really mad because he just masked the problem instead of helping me but now I know I'm not alone LOL!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kindra11

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 10:28:30 PM »
Haha yup all they can do is treat the symptoms. Nothing they can do for middle ear problems :)
Bookmark and Share
Broken, But Not Destroyed

Offline MilSpouse

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »
It's amazing how similar our experiences are - I had everything you've described (chest pains, dizziness, lightheadedness, etc.), and I know how awful it is! If you're at all congested from the cold, that also could be part of why you're feeling dizzy or could be making it worse. I have issues with my ears ringing when that happens, and the anxiety makes it much much worse.

I actually had about 6 weeks where I wasn't feeling anxious that were mostly symptom-free. Unfortunately, the past couple weeks have been stressful, and they all came back, but those 6 weeks definitely reminded me that anxiety really is the root of all these issues. Even now, my chest hurts and it gets scary, but I just remind myself that when I wasn't anxious, I was fine and I'm still fine now!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »
I think you're right about the cold making the dizziness worse. I stopped thinking I had a heart problem and miraculously the chest pains stopped lol  :fragend005: I know something is going on with my ears to make me this dizzy, I just wish it would stop. I feel like I can't go on with my day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 02:41:04 PM »
I just read someone else's thread about dizziness like this indicating a tumor on the brain stem. Afraid to google. Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: