Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling nice to read and connect  (Read 73 times)

Offline No.things

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling nice to read and connect
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:11:30 AM »
I believe at times I've tended to think hypochondriatically.  :spineyes: 

The pain feelings I have experienced have remained chronic until they are proved insignificant enough through medical tests for me to forget about... Then the pain/concern finds another area more believable to focus on.

My particular pain/anxiety cycle began with pelvic pain... Chronic for months, until it was proven to be of no concern through ultrasound etc.

Then I felt fasciculations mostly in legs which migrated around my body day and night for months heightening whenever I was resting or not in enough distraction to feel calm... Tests proved no concern.

'Gallbladder attack' (most likely) was very intense pain, ultrasound clear, no stones. Gb attack  Happened 3 times in 3 years, no cause found. 

Vague and sometimes buzzing muscle aches, mid upper back and shoulder pain... Chiro and X-rays show no concern. 

Shortness of breath, shallow breathing, uptight, catastrophic thoughts.

I flush easily... Usually when I believe that what I want to say would not be socially acceptable so instead I hold it in as the intellectual constipation backs up into a very emotionally uncomfortable feeling. 

These feelings come and go... I am here to help understand and accept feelings.

I believe comedy and laughter offers the greatest relief and healing that I've come across.

I appreciate all the 'pouring out of souls' that happens freely here.
Bookmark and Share
“Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.”
― Alan Wilson Watts

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling nice to read and connect
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:40:32 AM »
Hi No Things,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

It does seem that hypochondria has been an issue for you.  The symptoms are real but can be attributed to anxiety alone.  Have you thought about pursuing therapy.  CBT has helped me greatly and one tool in particular that has been very effective is acceptance that what I am feeling is nothing more than anxiety.  I hope you find the support you are looking for here.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline P25

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
I agree laughter has helped the best so far, i keep using that when i can, thx for posting
Bookmark and Share

Offline No.things

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »
Thx for replies and advice  :)

I am definitely looking into CBT...  I asked my doctor about that recently, but apparently where we live we dont really have anyone that specializes in that.
If there is a good CBT online, audiobook, or other media form, I'd love to hear about them.  I'll start with searching around this forum for cbt help.
Bookmark and Share
“Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.”
― Alan Wilson Watts

Tags: