Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help me out because I dont want to google (tmi)  (Read 370 times)

Offline eddarun

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Help me out because I dont want to google (tmi)
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:21:33 PM »
Almost exactly a year ago it all began.  After a really really rough time in my life (emotionally) I discoverd some lymph nodes. After obsessing about them for a while I began having loose stools.  Very loose with a lot if undigested food, had a colonoscopy wich showed nothing alarming but left my digestive system in a mess.  I began being constipated during the day and had explosive watery diarrhea during the night and I wasnt digesting my food at all.  I has some fever and it lasted for about 2 weeks, it slowly went back to loose stools and by then only in the mornings, still not sigesting my food.  It slowly got better and months later it was back to formed stools 1-2 a day although they never quite looked as "healthy" as before.  Well, 3 days ago I got a fever and muscle aches. Felt very ill.  The explosive diarrhea started again, looks just like the last time.  Still here 3 days later although i dont feel as ill.  No muscle aches but feel a little feverish.  Trying to calm my self down so thats why I am asking.  Since this is something that happened a year ago, gradually got a lot better but then happens again now, it makes it being cancer very unlikely, right? Does that ever happen? If that was the case it would have kept getting worse and worse instead if getting better before happening again, right? And another thing.  If I had benn walking around with pancreatic cancer/stomach cancer/small intestine cancer for a year...I would be nuch sicker by now?  I know some cancers can be vwry slow growing but these kinds tend to be more agressive?  Really want to google the answers but I WONT:)  l can rule out colon cancer since my colonoscopy last year was clean and I also had a CT scan a year ago, when this happened and it only showed some swollen lymph nodes that didnt look alarming, no signs of malignancy the report said.  Had one of the lymph nodes removed and examined and it was benign.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help me out because I dont want to google (tmi)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »
That sounds like IBS.  The fevers aren't indications of IBS but that could be another illness.

Loose, undigested stools though are very common with IBS.  It's all linked to emotion too.  I can always tell when I'm under stress, even if I don't realize it, because my IBS lets me know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eddarun

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »
Thanks.  I can live with ibs, I can live with collitis and even crohns disease.  Ill take anything that isnt cancer.  I just really need do know that this isnt cancer...
Bookmark and Share

Offline cbear

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:45:35 AM »
I've had very similar issues for a very long time.
It sounds like IBS. Another possibility could be a parasite. I only say that because recently I had a holistic nutritionist tell me that is most likely what I have. I also have IBS.
I haven't dealt with possible parasite because I have a serious phobia of pills.
Have you tried taking a probiotic? That along with garlic pills would probably do wonders.
Could it be something you are eating?
I know when I eat soy I get horrible cramping.
If you had cancer I'm pretty sure you would have more serious symptoms by now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline eddarun

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 03:07:16 AM »
Thanks:) The diarrhea is pretty severe.  Its almost clear water that comes out and I dont seem to be digesting the food.  So its not just a littlw upset stomach...its something more.  I gave tried probiotics and it disnt change a thing, I have tried immodium and husk as well and it doesnt help.  I have thought about parasites but since i had the same thing last year that becomes more unlikely....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 06:42:46 AM »
It's impossible to be cancer.   Cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells.  Those cells keep multiplying and causing more and more symptoms and problems, they don't go away and come back.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:11 PM »
you're right, you would NOT feel better if it was cancer.  you're ok. go get checked out for reassurance if you want, it might be the only thing that
will help right now its ok. :) ive been drinking a lot of tea, and i had major liquid stool this morning and was freaking out. my husband not very nicely
pointed out about the tea, but you know what - i am going to go to the dr if i have to, (no more radiation, ct) if i feel something's off and need the reassurance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mhmommy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 08:30:11 PM »
also, you are SOO smart not to google. i've been scaring the s*** out of myself continually which i need to stop.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: