Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: OMG! Here's my issue today, freaking out about brain tumor fear.  (Read 627 times)

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So this morning when I woke up I was getting ready as usual, but I had a mild headache until I took my allergy medicine and nasal spray. The headache got a little better.

I went out to lunch with my cousin and we were sitting by a window with the sun shining in. I bent my head down to look at the menu then I noticed twitching or shaking or something in the middle by my nose and forehead. I kept bending my head down and it happened again. I don't know what it is. My nerves shaking? Or is there something in my head above my nose that's causing this?? Like shaky vision but I felt the spot above my nose on my forehead shaking a little.

I'm in freak out mode.

I had a dilated eye exam last week about my shimmering lights thing in vision but my doctor said everything looks perfectly healthy.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ╗ɗℴ℘∈╗
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: OMG! Here's my issue today, freaking out about brain tumor fear.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:08:17 PM »
I went out to lunch with my cousin and we were sitting by a window with the sun shining in.

Does sun shine, especially while not wearing sun glasses effect your headaches? I never get headaches, but on some mornings when I wake up with a minor headache, the brightness of the sun will definitely intensify my headache unbearably.

I bent my head down to look at the menu then I noticed twitching or shaking or something in the middle by my nose and forehead. I kept bending my head down and it happened again.

Did this trigger or intensify the headache you were having prior? I don't have any sinus issue, but since you mentioned allergies and sinuses, tilting your head will make for a world of hurt sometimes, the twitching or shaking might be the already-set anxiety of what you believe is a brain tumor, mixed in with the symptoms of sinus/allergy issues. not to mention the shifting of fluid that could potentially be causing some uncomfort.

Honestly I believe you would notice more generalized symptoms had it be a tumor in the brain, such as partial or complete loss of motor functions, numbness on sides of your body and very hard to speak as well, I wouldn't think that a tilt in the head that causes twitching or shaking could be a cause of a brain tumor.

Have you had any xray scans done?

Best wishes.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »
No I've never had any x-rays or scans done in my head. My doctors said I don't need one even though I could order one myself since my stepdad is a doctor and I work in his office, I've ordered tests for myself like ultrasounds.

I don't want one because I'm scared of the things they might find, and the brain scan is a big deal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 02:18:51 PM »
I had a dilated eye exam last week about my shimmering lights thing in vision but my doctor said everything looks perfectly healthy.

Focus on this statement. A week ago a doctor told you everything looks perfectly healthyŚchances are, they still do.

Remember, just because you feel something weird happening inside your body, doesn't mean that there's something "wrong." You're anxious, you're stressed, your bodily is more readily symptomatic. But that doesn't mean you have to react so drastically or so fearfully every single time.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:39 PM »
I keep telling myself that but in my mind, the irrational side is telling me that if nothing is wrong with my eyes then it's my brain causing it. That's what worries me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ╗ɗℴ℘∈╗
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
Remember, just because you feel something weird happening inside your body, doesn't mean that there's something "wrong." You're anxious, you're stressed, your bodily is more readily symptomatic. But that doesn't mean you have to react so drastically or so fearfully every single time.

Exactly that, and it's hard to convince yourself sometimes because it's battling two parts of the same body. It's like if you cut yourself or stub your toe, and you mentally focus on that pain, the pain intensifies.

That's a very good point.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 02:52:42 PM »
I keep telling myself that but in my mind, the irrational side is telling me that if nothing is wrong with my eyes then it's my brain causing it. That's what worries me.

I KNOW. That's been your problem all along, but it doesn't make what I said any less true. Learning how to QUESTION irrational thoughts, and TRYING to remain calm in the face of disturbing physical symptoms is the ONLY way you (or anyone else) is going to get over health anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 03:34:05 PM »
Everybody here gave you very good advice:)

No I've never had any x-rays or scans done in my head. My doctors said I don't need one even though I could order one myself since my stepdad is a doctor and I work in his office, I've ordered tests for myself like ultrasounds.

I don't want one because I'm scared of the things they might find, and the brain scan is a big deal.

Boy, an HA peep with access to most med testing! Sounds like a dream to most of us:) But, I can sure see the downside, too, and MOST of it is a downside when put into context of an HA person in regards to seeking out a viable, better lasting healing path.

You're right to not want one (short of MUCH more sinister symptoms ever becoming more present and continuous). You've been around The AZ long enough to know that we might open a whole 'Pandora's Box' of trouble if we keep getting unneeded med intervention....especially big deal med tests.

How's your anxiety help / self help going?

Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 04:24:24 PM »
I've been having a brain tumor fear for a while now because of vision issues but I got a dilated eye exam last week to confirm that my eyes and everything behind it is perfectly healthy and last month I went to my doctor and he checked behind my eyes with the light and said I'm 100% sure that you don't have any "BT", he said 100%. My PA said "I'm not gonna order you an MRI because you don't have anything wrong with you or symptoms to make me order one".

I just keep worrying... ugh. I just want to get over this fear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
I'm in your same position. I've actually had headaches for about 2.5 weeks. Dull and across my forehead and eyes. It doesn't get worse or better so of course I'm thinking brain tumor or sinus track tumor. I've seen my primary Dr, an ER Dr and an eye Dr, all saying no sign of neuro issues. To be sure I made an appt for Monday to see a neuro. Not one of these drs think I need a brain scan. So I guess we are in the same boat!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »
This has happened to me before. A few times when I was in bed and woke up... whenever I focused on something, everything around or above it would shake. It's also happened when I was standing up and bent down to look at a computer screen at the neurologist's office. Of course I told him, and he wasn't concerned.

I believe it's caused by eye strain, but the time it happened to me at the neurologist's office was definitely because of the tension in my neck. My neck was spazzing, causing it to shake my vision. You would be surprised what tension does to the body.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 05:29:45 PM »
I havent had the headaches, besides a few slight head pains the last couple days on and off.. i just got 3 dizzy spells over the last 6 days and have been completely anxious over them. And my doctors that I talked to on the phone, even telling them the dizzy spells come out of no where and lasts 10-15 minutes, say its not a brain tumor. Maybe BPPV, or allergies, or anxiety, or just something with my inner ear, could be a bunch of things... Oh I am still convinced its a brain tumor.  One doctor said this to me.
"brain tumor related dizziness will get worse along with other symptoms like seizures, severe headaches etc.
Walking also will be affected from muscle weakness.
Most importantly these symptoms do not come and go with brain tumor--they are felt all the time and worsen over time.

So, this is not a brain tumor.

Best wishes"

Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 12:11:13 AM »
And most of the time I get a headache on my left side.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »
Left side by the eye area
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
I get one sided head aches and sharp pains on my left side and above my brow bone, as well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: