Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: UTI + Kidney Failure Fears, Etc. Ugg Need Talked Down Pleeeease. :(  (Read 235 times)

Offline MeAfraidOfEverything

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello friends,

So my husband passed away in January and now my HA fears have tripled! On top of the massive grief my anxiety and depression and HA are BAAAAAAD. Just brutal bad. :(

Well I have a UTI - I am 46 and never had one before. I went to the ER and they diagnosed it and gave me Macrobid. I followed up with my doc a few days later. I am feeling better but still not 100%. It is hard for me to go to the doctor, esp. the ER as my vitals are always HIGH as I PANIC.  :yes: :yes: :yes: But I did go. They told me when the culture came back I have a group strep B infection. HUH?  :dazed: I guess that isn't the norm but it isn't rare either. Great!

So now I am obsessed with my bladder. I am thinking I am just going to keep getting these UTI's and that will lead to kidney disease, sepsis perhaps, blood infections, kidney failure, hospitalization, and a slow painful death. I am convinced of this!

Am I doomed now that I got this UTI with group B strep?

(((thank you)))
Bookmark and Share

Offline willowmina

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: UTI + Kidney Failure Fears, Etc. Ugg Need Talked Down Pleeeease. :(
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
Hi..I guess I can kinda sympathize with what your going through. A couple of months ago I was having slight dicomfort the next dayI started urintating blood so of course I went to the er.. they said it was an infection gave me some meds and on my way..well the meds wernt working so I went back to thw dr and they prescribed another one. Finally it worked only to get another one a monthlater. The whole time I was terrified I was dying and I have blood poisioning and kidney failure..I sometimes still thunkni do because of some of my symptoms. But the amount I have rrsearched shows that utis are pretty common and thw nurse told me that if I had blood poisioning or anything I would definatley know. The point is that was a few months ago and im still here :) I know the way we think we auautomatically think the worse bit utis are pretty common and they dont normally reach the kidneys and even if they do theres meds to fix it. Just hang in there take your meds abd stay positive that the annoying uti will go away and you will feel back to your normal self soon :) also im not exactly sure if its the same in your bladder but I also tested positve for group b strep while I was pregnant. It isnt normally a concern to us I think its just a inbalance in bacteria..can be harmful to the baby but they give meds for it.  Thats probably just the bacteria thats caused your uti since there is a bunch of different things that can cause them. :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: UTI + Kidney Failure Fears, Etc. Ugg Need Talked Down Pleeeease. :(
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 10:56:59 AM »
You have made it 46 yrs without a UTI...better than most folks...so it may well never happen again.  I had a UTI ten years ago and haven't had one since.  The chance of a UTI, particularly one that is treated with antibiotics, leading to kidney disease/failure is practically nonexistent.  Try to relax, stay hydrated to flush your system, and hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: