Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: More of a question...  (Read 88 times)

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
More of a question...
« on: March 07, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »
Hey, this is more of a question rather than a freak out post. Just that when I have pooped, i looked into the toiled, and under the poop, there was a red liquid, my pee color is normal, my poop color is normal too, I wanted to ask, could the that i ate beet-root cause it ?
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: More of a question...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 08:52:21 AM »
I wanted to ask, could the that i ate beet-root cause it ?

Certainly. What goes 'in' goes 'out', as well.....in diff stages of digestion. Like when someone takes Pepto-Bismol, their poop will come out much blacker than normal. Or when we eat asparagus, our pee might smell pretty pungent. What 'leaves' our body is definitely correlational to what we put in our bodies:)

A very common habit that HA peeps get locked into is checking their bowel movements every single time. This isn't a good habit for our anxious minds. I used to do it every time, too. Perhaps set a goal of 'checking' every other time and flushing before you even have a chance to look the other time. Then every third poop. Etc. This is a positive action - NOT checking. Through a collective group of POSITIVE actions we sure can help ourselves with our overall healing path for anxiety:)

An HA brain really doesn't know how to put into context what we are looking at, either, when we are checking our bowel movements. And, anything that we perceive as "off", will send us into a tizzy, most often. An amped up mind perceives many things as potentially dangerous or harmful, but these things really aren't a concern and most often they are simply what a 'normal, healthy' body can do. Or they are more of a manifestation of what anxiety can do to our bodies, but still they are not perilous, overall.

Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »
Did you have any blood when you wiped? (if indeed it IS blood) - do you have hemorrhoids?  A hemorrhoids could have popped right before you pooped.  Normally they pop afterwards, but it certainly can happen even without pooping if you have a thrombosed hemorrhoid.
Bookmark and Share

Online terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
even if it were a little speck of blood, that is normal. depending on the amount of strain, etc.

at least, it's happened to me before in the past
Bookmark and Share

Online lulululu

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »
once i had eaten beet root and i thought i was dying when i looked in the toilet. beetroot blueberries + redwine colours you poo, oh yes
Bookmark and Share

Tags: