Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: The day you realize you'll probably never be fine...  (Read 470 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: The day you realize you'll probably never be fine...
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 04:52:52 PM »
Funny though... When I read your post I can say 100% you don't have ALS not even developing one, and I would even bet my house on it easily. I guess you could do the similar thing for my health worries when I would describe you my symptoms.

We rationally see things easily for others, but we can't fight overwhelming emotions that something has to be seriously wrong with us since we FEEL it.

I still believe, if I find the answer to that stupid question "What's the point of doing anything/planning anything if I have cancer, ALS or any other stupid deadly disease ?" it will cure anxiety/depression. Not to mention that I could probably write a self help book then and earn millions.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 04:59:24 PM »
step no.1 - Laugh (finished) :)
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline Pyr

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:11 PM »
"What's the point of doing anything/planning anything if I have cancer, ALS or any other stupid deadly disease ?

I TOTALLY understand b/c that has been my rationale for why we haven't painted the family room, why I can't plan things for 3 months in the future, and why I cry everytime I look at my kids bc I think I wont see them grow up etc, 

HOWEVER, as much as we think we couldn't do it if diagnosed (I imagine myself crawled up in a fetal ball as long as my ALS body would allow, drugged up on so much meds I wouldn't know I was dying even from the point of diagnosis)- a pathetic image and outlook when you see how bravely those who actually have ALS live with it and they truly LIVE and enjoy the little things bravely with dignity--  More than we are living Hypo, more than you and I are living at this moment in the despair of our minds. 

You would have to find a way to go on and you would.  Easier said than done and its pot calling kettle black, but the answer to Let go and Let God.  We have no control of the result, only our reaction to it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 06:02:04 PM »
Sorry to hear you feeling so bad....wld it be the end of the world if your girlfriend was pregnant? Probably not I think. I dont believe we HA sufferers will ever be free of anxiety altogether... but then nearly everyone has something they have to deal with in life and this is ours , yes maybe its worse then what others may have but its what we have and no amount of wishing is going to change that ....Im not sure medication really helps but i agree it can do something in the short term to calm us down if we are very bad. Its all about how we see the world , see our bodies ...its about being in control and yet most of the time we are totally out of control. How do we change the way our minds are wired ? That is the key....I accept this is me and I will go up and down ....doesnt mean I enjoy the downs any better...lol...its aweful......you are doing all the right things and keep going this slump will pass...they always do...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 04:54:34 AM »
So...I woke up today, wanted to cancel basketball, my friend called me to go to play pool, and just when I wanted to say no, I don't feel like playing, my girlfriend called me telling me she got her period and I was like let's go to pool, calling my friend telling him I am going to basketball, life was great after a second.

And now back to my topic title...I still don't have any idea how to battle these downswings when panic occurs, and it pisses me off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »
If someone would know how to do so, noone would be panicking :) so thats normal to not know what to do :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
I am not normal, I am special ^^
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2014, 04:11:38 PM »
True :D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: