Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety & Bladder Problems - in my head or real medical problem??  (Read 312 times)

Offline tunnafish

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have bad anxiety and I am also a hypocondriac - I will admit it.

Got a bladder infection last week cause by streph in the urine (thought I got it from sex but now I don't know) - still don't understand that but whatever. Went on 2 different antibiotics. This did not clear up the UTI very fast. I have had UTI's in the past that cleared up in 3 days with antibiotics.

My problems - my bladder always feels full even after urinating. I have the constant urge to go. It is horrible and is destroying my life. Also have a yeast infection, so my vagina feels like a total mess right now.

I went back to the doctor earlier this week and my urine sample came up clean. However, they did not do another culture because of the clean sample. Was tested for diabetes and STD's and don't have any of those things.

My anxiety is getting worse and worse because of how uncomfortable I have become. I've read several articles/stories online that extreme anxiety can actually cause bladder problems like I am having - is this true?? I made an appointment to see a psychiatrist but that is not for 3 weeks.

I am taking several vitamins and supplements in hopes to help me relieve my fully bladder. I'm scared I have a terrible problem and I will never get better and this is going to be how the rest of my life is. I don't understand what is wrong with my body. I just want to take sleeping pills and sleep all the time. I'm scared to even drink liquids now because I'm so tired of having a full bladder. Also paranoid to have sex with my boyfriend again. :(

Am I crazy? Could this be anxiety related? Please help if you can.....
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety & Bladder Problems - in my head or real medical problem??
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 06:28:20 AM »
when my anxiety is bad, i tend to frequent the bathroom more so than other times. i hope that helps, and hopefully someone will be along to help ya with your specific needs!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 07:28:48 AM »
I also sometimes have frequent urination with anxiety. It also comes with my cycle. I have to pee a lot right before and right after.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:13 AM »
There is no doubt that anxiety can affect the bladder. The cycle and hormones affect it too. Infections easily get started.

I'd say you need an all clear from your ob/gyn, then try taking Vit. C which boosts the immune system, and get a handle on the anxiety. Learn about CBT, try yoga, tai chi, meditation or just walking to relax in the refreshing outdoors. Just some thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 12:03:22 PM »
I am having this issue too.

I do have pelvic floor issues since giving birth to my second child 11 months ago in that I experience tiny leaks after coughing etc.

But since I started focussing on this a couple of weeks ago I am now obsessed with my bladder, feeling I need I go all the time. I don't have a uti.

It's driving me crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:26 PM »
Same here... peeing every hour when anxious. Don't need to be consciously anxious even, sometimes it is subconsciously. You'll get use to it.  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline tunnafish

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 08:51:38 PM »
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and encouragement.

I'm still not sure what to do, as my anxiety is getting worse and worse regarding this whole bladder/peeing thing. It has gotten much better but now my mind is full of delusinal/paranoid thoughts that I am always going to have bladder problems.

I had sex with my boyfriend last night and I'm super paranoid that I'm going to get a UTI now even though I peed after intercourse each time. I also had a burning sensation in my vagina after one of the times we had sex last night w/o a condom and now I'm paranoid that I have some sort of other problem in my vagina.

I'm starting to be scared of my vagina. Scared of sex. Paranoid of bathrooms. Scared of my bladder. Scared of drinking liquids.

I am falling apart and I don't know what to do!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: