Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Acid reflux & chest pressure  (Read 261 times)

Offline Lo213

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Acid reflux & chest pressure
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:53:53 PM »
Does anybody here have acid reflux that caused horrible pressure in your chest instead of burning?  If so, how do you deal with it?  It feels like I have to burp SO bad, but it takes at least an hour of burping to get rid of it. Prevacid and Pepcid have not helped, and I'm beginning to think the problem is too little acid. Sometimes the pressure is in my upper stomach instead of my chest, which is much less scary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline scaredalone412

• Mood: Angry
    Angry
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Acid reflux & chest pressure
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 06:12:53 PM »
Yes I have this... It hurts so bad.... Sometimes I feel like a horse is on my chest.... I swear I think its GERD and not acid reflux
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 06:47:51 PM »
Yes, i have had this and actually went to ER thinking it was a heart attack or something very serious. The chest and stomach pain was unreal. I saw a cardiologist and he told me it was trapped gas, I initially thought he was nuts. A few months later the exact same problem happened, I let out a massive burp and it instantly went away. So, I have found that ENO works, not sure if you  have that where you are. I drink a small glass and I burp pretty quickly many times. If I don't use ENO, then what I do is drink a cup of peppermint tea and walk. I drink the tea and walk until the trapped gas moves and  I start feeling relief. It has taken up to 2 hours of walking to relieve it in the past, sometimes it takes shorter time. Hope this helps. I get the peppermint tea from regular grocery store. I find peppermint tea very relaxing and helps on days when anxiety is high.
Any other questions, let me know. I have had this for while.
Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:59:47 PM »
I've never heard of ENO. Where do you get it?

It scares me so bad because I'll also get jaw/arm pain. It's an impossible to ignore sensation and I'm so scared that it's my heart every time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:01:37 PM »
I know exactly what you mean about the pain, it's quite something. I get ENO at any drug store. Are you in Canada? US?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »
I'm in the US.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »
Ok, so try and drug store. They probably won't have ENO, I'm in Canada. ENO is a antacid powder, you mix it wth water then gulp it down. Ask the pharmacist for something similar. If not, I find peppermint tea works just as good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
Gerd has landed me in the ER and i had lots of heart tests because of it. I feel like someone is squeezing my boob and stomping on my chest. Anxiety makes it much worse causing me to think I'm having a heart attack, making the anxiety worse which in turn makes the gerd worse. Happy fun cycle.

I am in the process of slowly getting off antacids. It will take months.

I take Betaine HCL (Digestive enzymes) before each meal. At night I eat a 1 1/2 teaspoons of slippery elm as a gruel (add 1/2 cup cold water, make into paste and 1/2 hot water.) When I'm flare I drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. At night I take 225mg of zantac. (Down from 300.)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: