Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How do you deal with waiting time...  (Read 295 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do you deal with waiting time...
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:21:29 PM »
I have posted today about my girlfriend and her "late" period.

The thing is, if it was me, I would go tomorrow and buy pregnancy test and see results. If it would be negative I would be anxiety free, otherwise, I would try to figure out what next.

But, when I asked my girlfriend to buy it she said, she doesn't want because she doesn't see the need, since she feels cramps for a week now (and from previous Googling I have seen that many women experience symptoms same as premenstrual when they are pregnant), she is taking pills (but she took a lot of antibiotics during last month), I didn't finish inside her (but guys can leak a little bit of sperm even before cumming which I know for sure that can happen).

So, I can only now wait for her period to come, or that 5-6 more days pass when she would do pregnancy test I guess. And I am usually a mess during that waiting time. I don't feel like making plans for anything because this would be life changing, I don't feel like doing anything, I would just like to sleep until results come. I know that during these times, I get a bit of depressed probably.

Same thing would be waiting for some results.  So, my question is....how do you deal with waiting time?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do you deal with waiting time...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:58:58 PM »
You're going to have to trust your girlfriends feelings since she should know how her cycle works. I've been in a similar situation, had a condom break twice and got the morning after pill an hour later both times. The waiting time until her next period is always going to be a nightmare. Since you said you didn't finish inside her I wouldn't worry much about it. Although the possibility of pregnancy is there its EXTREMELY unlikely. If she herself starts to worry about it the stress could cause her period to be even more late and I've even heard of women going through pregnancy symptoms without ever being pregnant because they made themselves believe they were.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »
That's how I got pregnant. I was taking antibiotics, and I just had this strange feeling in my stomach that something foreign was inside :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:36 AM »
You are joking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 03:43:38 AM »
How late is she? The fact she was on antibiotics could increase the chances of pregnancy. Cramping is very common early on and does mimic the same symptoms as an impending period. Try not to panic about the situation right now because many things could cause a late period.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 06:17:30 AM »
Too late...already in panicking mode
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 08:48:13 AM »
No I'm not joking, my husband and I were careful too and I think it was the pre-ejaculation that got me pregnant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »
On the other hand, it could simply be her period coming, too.  I know that there are months where I will have cramps for two weeks before I start and then there are months where it just starts with no warning or cramps so try not to get too worried.  Plus, it's not uncommon for it to go five extra days one month and then earlier the next. 

Your girlfriend doesn't seem too concerned, though.  Maybe just express your concerns and that it's really weighing on you and maybe she'll agree to test.  How late is she?

Let us know what happens.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 09:29:55 AM »
When I have to wait from something that is scary I usually just keep focusing on the reasons WHY it can or can't be.   I never worried about pregnancy, but let's use your case as an example.   As soon as you think, "Oh no!!!"   Then think, "Wait, periods aren't like clockwork, they vary - could be 21 days could be 40!  (yes, I was pretty regular, but I had a 40 day gap one time in my late 20's - no reason, things like that happen.)  Then when you calm down and think "Oh no!!" again, think that same thought then add to it that you "never finished" - it only takes ONE good sperm out of billions, what's the odds that that one good sperm was in that little bit that got in?  Keep focusing on the "why she is NOT pregnant" for the week or so.  The cramping could even be mid cycle cramping and she may not get it for another 2 weeks!  So don't freak out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 10:44:22 AM »
No I'm not joking, my husband and I were careful too and I think it was the pre-ejaculation that got me pregnant.
Were you on contraceptive pills during that time or not?

Thank you all for answers
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Yep that's why I was shocked. I've been on birth control since I was 15 and I'm 26 now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:31 AM »
Jesus...
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
Jesus...

You are freaking out... read my post again...
(you will soon be saying, "UPDATE:  My girlfriend got her period!")
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 11:37:16 AM »
Her cramping started 10 days ago I think or even 2 weeks ago...not sure how itcould be pregnancy cramping, but I was also sure that contraceptive pills + pulling out are 100% effective, but now I see that it didn't happen t someone random once on Google, but to someone on this forum which is disturbing...
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 11:50:53 AM »
Her cramping started 10 days ago I think or even 2 weeks ago...not sure how itcould be pregnancy cramping, but I was also sure that contraceptive pills + pulling out are 100% effective, but now I see that it didn't happen t someone random once on Google, but to someone on this forum which is disturbing...

Think of the odds - what are the odds of a pregnancy occurring like that to TWO people on the SAME forum??
And talk your girlfriend down, if you think positive and talk positive to her, she will feel better which in turn will make YOU feel better.
The cramping could be anything at all (could be some fibroids, could be gas, etc)
I will be absolutely SHOCKED if you come back and say she's pregnant!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: