Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Swoosh/pulse noise in ear  (Read 212 times)

Offline TonyL1

• Rec's: 4
  • Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
Swoosh/pulse noise in ear
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
Hey all, last couple of nights when going to bed, lying down, I can hear my pulse in my right ear
very freaky, should I be worried, its like a Swoosh, Swoosh, Swoosh noise
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swoosh/pulse noise in ear
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 01:43:47 PM »
Oh I HATE that!! I don't know what it is, but I get that a LOT.  I will try to lay one way so that my ear isn't flat on the pillow, but then I'll still hear it so I turn my head a little bit.  Can't be anything bad, it's been happening for so many YEARS.  I like to put the TV on at night so that I don't notice it and I can fall asleep.  It doesn't seem to do it if I wake during the night and then go back to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
I have gotten this too... maybe it has to do with blood pressure? But today my one ear has been pulsing. I don't think it's anything to worry about!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:59:06 PM »
I have got that in the past. Once I had it and it was in both ears and was so "loud" that everything else sounded muffled around me. Of course I went into a complete panic attack and at the time was home alone. I chalked it up to my pulse being high and possibly blood pressure. I haven't had it happen since and that was back in 2008.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »
I have got that in the past. Once I had it and it was in both ears and was so "loud" that everything else sounded muffled around me. Of course I went into a complete panic attack and at the time was home alone. I chalked it up to my pulse being high and possibly blood pressure. I haven't had it happen since and that was back in 2008.

I think it has something to do with the inner ear and not the vascular system all.  I will hear my heart going slow... and my blood pressure is fine.  Maybe some echoing going on with inner ear fluid or something like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »
I've had my fair share of that as well...never knew what caused it, but never really worried about it.

I thought it was just my heartbeat that I heard in my ear, but now that I think about it, it hasn't happened in awhile.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:38 PM »

I think it has something to do with the inner ear and not the vascular system all.  I will hear my heart going slow... and my blood pressure is fine.  Maybe some echoing going on with inner ear fluid or something like that.

That makes sense. The only time I can really recall it I was having a panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 08:43:44 PM »
Its just something that happens. I've had the same thing happen to me, it's usually the worst at night when you get into bed since everything is quiet and you hear all the noises your body makes. Especially when you lay on one of your ears or have headphones in. The more you think about it the more likely you are to have anxiety over it and it will seem louder and faster. It bothered me to the point of having an echogardiogram and blood work done and I was told everything was fine. Now when it happens I can just ignore it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: