Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I know my hippocampus and other parts of my brain are damaged  (Read 246 times)

Offline NeurosisOsmosis

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know no one can do anything, but ranting about it makes me feel better. I know that stress damages my hippocampus, and I'm constantly in stressful situations and I got into a big argument so I know my hippocampus is damaged. Also other parts of my brain are damaged from repeated impacts. This is killing me and it's horrible, but I'm certain I have brain damage and will never be successful because of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: I know my hippocampus and other parts of my brain are damaged
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »
if you have brain damage, you're doing a fine job of finding this forum and typing very well on it.

try not to worry too much. we all look into things way too often, and way too far! <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeurosisOsmosis

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:40:11 AM »
if you have brain damage, you're doing a fine job of finding this forum and typing very well on it.

try not to worry too much. we all look into things way too often, and way too far! <3

Brain damage doesn't always have obvious symptoms. Its effect on me is subtle. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/articles/2014/03/04/vets-brain-damage-from-blasts-not-always-apparent-study
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 11:38:32 AM »
I am not trying to be unpleasant but for the love of all the gods please find a good psych doc.  You do not have brain damage.  Your hippocampus is just fine...unless you think that every person in the world who experiences stress is brain damaged.  I have seen what real brain damage looks like, at veterans hospital in the TBI ward.  You would not be typing and stressing out if you had brain damage, you would be in a hospital relearning to walk and talk.  Please, for your own sake, find professional help as soon as possible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 12:14:39 PM »
Yeah, I agree with the user above me. My boyfriend's father was in a CAR ACCIDENT that left him with SLIGHT brain damage, and there was no denying something was wrong. He just isn't the same. If you had brain damage, you would know it. Even if you did have it, you seem to be functioning just fine, so why does it matter?

You need to take everyone's advice... it seems like you just ignore everything everyone says and continue posting the same thing. I'm not trying to be RUDE, but you really need some help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thanhlong1984

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
The study in the article you quoted does not give any definite answer to whether or not brain damage does not cause any symptoms. As it shows in the text quoted from the news article:

The researchers also noted that their findings are preliminary and need to be replicated in a larger study.

Unless you are in a situation where you have repeated head injuries or near explosion site, which is the target for the study, I don't think you have any reasons to suspect having brain damage.

Stress does have some impact on your overall well being but there's no study saying that it can cause real damage to the brain. To be able to be certain that brain can be damaged by stress, there must be a lot of different studies done on large population to determine if stress does cause brain damage before you should consider your risk of having brain damage. Even if it is the case, you still have to have real proof (with by means of having a doctor diagnose you *actually* have brain damage) to be certain that you unluckily damage your brain due to stress. Otherwise, looking at just one study/news does not mean anything. There were so many bogus studies before and the media are notoriously famous for reporting exaggerated/untrue information. 

One example of such study done by my aunt, who does not work in medical field, is below:

Stress is really dangerous. It can cause *real* damages to many of your vital organs, including your kidney, your liver, your stomach, your heart, your colon.

Even she has done the study, she has not suggested that stress damages your brain. Therefore, you should not be worried.

PS: I was not meant to make fun of you. It just happens that my aunt does say something similar so I quoted it here  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »
I guess my brain is damaged too because I have no symptoms. 
One time I was going to go to my doctor and joke with him running down a list of all diseases I thought I had because one of the things they said about those diseases, "Sometimes there ARE no symptoms"  So when he'd ask me, "Why do you think you have such and such?"  I would respond with, "Because it says, 'sometime there are no symptoms' and I don't have any symptoms"  See how silly that sounds??  You don't have brain damage!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:58:49 PM »
I guess most of us on this forum have brain damage then. I know I do with all the stress about my health the past few years .... :P if I'm going by what you do. No offense but you honestly need to see a therapist if in reality you are actually this concerned about brain damage in multiple posts by the things you think cause brain damage
Bookmark and Share

Tags: