Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need some opinions from people who understand  (Read 236 times)

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need some opinions from people who understand
« on: March 06, 2014, 09:11:54 AM »
Ok - It has been awhile since I have been on the board. My issues all started back in October 2013. I leaked a small amount of urine 2X at night so I ran to google. For a man, it said it could be an infection, sleep apnea, sore prostate etc...... one last thing was Multiple Sclerosis. At the time I had no idea what MS even was.

So I went to the Dr. and he said it was nothing to worry about. During the time I was reading on google I read about men and urinating frequency at night. I started to think at age 36 I shouldnt be getting up to pee at night so I started reading up on that and focusing on that. I was talking to my dad one day about urinating at night and my leaks I had and mentioned MS. He said his uncle had MS and it was horrible. I recall the fear that set in. I connected the peeing in bed to MS and went to Dr. Google. Now full of MS symptoms, two days later I awoke and my left arm and leg were sore and tingling. I started to think about how I had been having leg and arm issues off and on for about 4 years and connected yet another dot. Thats when the real panic set in for me.

I began to experience Insomnia and started to shake in bed. I went back to my GP and he assured me I had no MS signs. Gave me Neuro tests and told me he had diagnosed MS before and I was fine. So I started to workout again and eventually the leg and arms issues went away as well as all of the urinating issues.

So we are in November now and I am unsure if I read about Jack Osbornes MS diagnosis and his eye issues on dancing with the stars first or experienced some vision issues but I started to perceive I had vision issues and maybe even light sensitivity. I freaked out and started to think MS again and ran back to the Dr. He sent me to a Neuro who was less than helpful. He said he thought I was experiencing anxiety more so and that usually MS presents in a more sever fashion.

So I was sent to a opthamologist who checked my eyes and said I had perfect 20/20 with my contacts and my back of the eye looked perfect. No signs of any disease.

At this point I began to analyze my vision all the time. I went back to my GP and he suggested I take Xanax to relax my nerves. He also ordered an MRI without contrasr of the brain and lower spine. Brain came back clean and spine showed slight sciatica. I decided to go to therapy and see if that would help first as I hate medicine.

My first therapist didn't help. He wanted me to talk to my inner self and see what hidden memory was causing the issues. I kept telling him it wasn't a past memory but I was afraid of having messed up vision and a disease that would limit my future life. Switched to a new lady and she connected the dots right away. She explained to me that anxiety is simply the irrational thoughts and fear of the future. She said it was important for me to stay in the current. With that, I was able to break the bond for about 3 weeks and things were better. Then I made the mistake of going online and reading about light sensitivity and it had me questioning things again. About 3 weeks ago I started to develop temple pain and pressure along with a slight ache behind my eyes. I also seem to have a sore neck and shoulder. I went back to my GP 2 days ago and she promised me that it was all stress and sinus related and that I need to just relax and it will all melt away.

So now I sit and wonder if maybe I have something they missed like lyme disease or an early stage Neuro issue.

Its hard for me to believe that the stress can cause these temple pain and eye pain as well as the slight dizziness or feeling my vision is off.

I know its not headaches becuase it comes and goes throught the day and I can function. The pain is maybe a 1 on a scale of 10.

I was so worried about light sensitivity until my Dr. told me that LS is when light causes sever pain and that if I could be outside in the sun without glasses or look at a lamp and not feel pain I was ok.

So my GP and family all think my mind is playing tricks on me and the tension is the cuase of all my head and eye issues.

Can anyone relate here to the temple pressure, tight scalp feeling? Weird eye pressure and perceived visual disturbances at times. Its like before all of this happened I never thought about what I was looking at. Now it seems I check everything to seem how sharp my vision is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• Rec's: 1
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some opinions from people who understand
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
if you're okay with going to the doctor, i would go back and let them know that you still feel there's something they may have missed. i know you're scared of these things -- but maybe it would help to ease your mind if you went back?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
well I have been so many times and last time I forgot to ask about lyme specifically but I did ask a blanket statement is there anything that could be wrong aside from stress and sinuses and she said no.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 11:36:23 AM »
You started waking up to pee because of stress/anxiety or some cold. Then you connected it with thw smth that the worsr option and the least likely one.

Nowyou should focus on treating your anxiety and/or therapy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »
So is it possible for the stress an anxiety to cause the head pressure, temple pressure and feeling foggy?

I think the fear stays around because I wonder if simply relaxing and allowing my body to heal will relieve the sensations.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 01:54:40 PM »
Everything you wrote can be caused by anxiety and many, many more things...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pingman

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »
I guess that is why I posted.....to see if anyone else had experienced similiar symptoms and issues that were alleviated with coming to terms with anxiety and trusting their Drs? I get that many many more things can cause this....hence my concern and initial visit to Dr. Google.

It would help to hear of others who had head pressure, tightness and visual issues that were remedied when they relaxed. I have been to two doctors who both said they do not want to give me SSRI meds since my anxiety is focused on this one issue and having issues with taking medicines they fear the side effects will make it worse. So I am trying to get some real world examples to 'aid' in my mental relaxation.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: