Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ignoring symptoms, can't trust my body anymore  (Read 198 times)

Offline A_ISRLguy

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Ignoring symptoms, can't trust my body anymore
« on: March 06, 2014, 07:06:45 AM »
I think I always had a certain amount of HA throughout my life.
Maybe its the home I grew up in. Always talking about illnesses and health issues
of family memebers and of the larger family.
This drove me to read and be interested in medical stuff as a "hobby".

But in the last 2 years with on and off HA symptoms that had me going to doctors,
and having tests done, I feel I just cant trust what I'm feeling.
That means that lately, if I get a weird sensation or something I attribute it to HA.
And now this gets me anxious, telling myself "What if that will make me miss something important?"
And the fact that HA and GA has so many symptoms doesnt help either.

Do "Normal" (we're all normal, but you know what I mean) people just get a twitch, an ache or pain etc etc
and just dont take notice of it? Is that the answer?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ignoring symptoms, can't trust my body anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »
I don't have an answer, but I suffer with the same thoughts daily. Knowing that I can't trust my body makes me more anxious sometimes:(.
Bookmark and Share

Offline alex_s

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:23:36 AM »
That surely is what 'normal' people do. I know because I've been one of those normal people up until recently until the HA started. Before my health anxiety I remember drinking ounces of coffee each day. I found the shaking of the hands and the rapid heart rate to be funny and jokingly talked about it with colleagues. I was going into extremely stressful situations (job interviews, certain dates, etc.) wired on caffeine and very nervous, but I didn't pay much attention to the nervousness and as a result it did not turn into anxiety. I also remember hitchhiking about 300 miles after having drank half a quart of vodka the previous day. After having a big cup of coffee on an empty stomach too.. Nowadays I can't stand in line at the grocery store after drinking the previous day or drinking coffee before...I also remember being really sick (flu or whatnot) and not paying much attention to it. Nowadays a single pain at any part of my body can trigger anxiety attacks..

So yeah..normal people don't pay attention to those things. It really is the normal thing to do, as you can't control what is happening to your body by thinking about it.

However, thinking about your anxiety is actually thinking about thinking itself, which is trying to solve the problem at the level at which it was created. Go into a situation that requires your full attention and completely gets you out of your current state and BOOM.. you are no longer thinking about whether or not that itch you have is a result of liver cirrhosis.. The thing is if you think about how you are going to feel in that situation beforehand you don't see the benefit in it as you are in your current state right now..

Ultimately, I still haven't found a solution. But thinking about it will not do anything. Doing something will.

Also, no you can't trust your body(it's not actually your body, but your thinking mind that interprets harmless things as big). I have lost count of the number of times I was honestly completely sure I was having a heart attack or was going to die. In reality I am very fit, have no health problems and anxiety is the only thing. It really is ruining my life.
Bookmark and Share

Online terriberryfuller

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »
i've always wondered this as well since i started to admit to myself that i have HA. i try to remember what it was like for me when i was "normal" and didn't notice body physical symptoms. it's weird, but i honestly do not remember a time where i didn't pay attention to the physical symptoms -- even though i know good and well that there WAS a time where i just breezed through life, without thinking i was dying of something severe.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: