Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird pressure-y headaches  (Read 123 times)

Online tobito

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird pressure-y headaches
« on: March 06, 2014, 01:24:56 AM »
I'm a bit irritated, because I've been doing fairly well with my HA, learning not to worry about the things that used to keep me up all night. But the past two days, I've had these weird pressure-y headaches, and all of that came crashing down.

Aneurysms have always been a big fear of mine. I've been to the ER before (had a CT scan done; diagnosis: "You're fine,"), and I was really proud of myself once for waiting a whole day before going to urgent care (had my neck and eyes checked; diagnosis: "You're fine,"). But I just can't use that to rationalize like I normally can. Part of me is really tempted to go to the ER right now, or at least stay awake so I can go to urgent care right when it opens. I know I'm being silly, because aneurysms are supposed to be the "worst headache of your life", and off-and-on pressure headaches are anything but, but I'm just so scared that something is forming in my head right now and there's nothing I can do to stop it, and one of those thunderclap headaches is right around the corner.

The headaches themselves aren't too bad. Sometimes they're focused around my right temple, other times it feels like my whole head is being squeezed. The back of my neck does feel kind of stiff, but I can still touch my chin to my chest pretty easily (and doing so feels like it pulls on my back a lot? but that might be normal; I'm not sure). I don't know what to do. I feel like I should try to be brave and not go to the ER tonight, but I know there's a very good chance I'll have an MRI or a CT scan done if I do, which will either confirm or allay my fears completely. Or I could try to wait and go to urgent care tomorrow? But I always have a hard time trusting urgent care doctors, since they usually feel very rushed and not really checking everything completely...
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird pressure-y headaches
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »
with all the random weather changes lately, i wouldn't be shocked if this is stemming from that. i get them all the time as well, and know that i am perfectly fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: