Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: First counseling session tomorrow  (Read 152 times)

Offline Summer04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
First counseling session tomorrow
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:42:57 PM »
I've been thinking about going to see a counselor for a while now.  I had seen a fantastic lady for a few years and she helped me a lot, but she moved over an hour away and we had to end our client/therapist relationship. 

Tomorrow morning is my first session with a new counselor, who ironically enough, is in the building my former therapist was in!  It's local and she's on my insurance. 

I want to talk to her about a lot of things that have been bothering me.  First of all, controlling my anxiety better and dealing with the agoraphobia.  I used to think agoraphobia was just the fear of being outside of your home, but it's also a fear of wide open places.  I know that I've had this fear for a while and I'm tired of living with it. 

I'm also looking into a couple of doctors to help with the medication.  I've been taking Paxil 30mg since late January and I really think I've hit a wall with the medication.  It seems like it's not working anymore because I'm still anxious. 

I left my job earlier this year because I couldn't stand the mentally abusive working environment anymore.  I have an interview tomorrow afternoon and I drove over today to see the building.  At least it's local and I know where I'm going.

I hope everyone is doing well.  I haven't been on the board for a while.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: