Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Prolonged anxiety pain  (Read 121 times)

Offline lauren4329

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Prolonged anxiety pain
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
My health anxiety often stems from the fact that I experience episodes of all over body pain (aches, shooting pain, sharp stabs, you name it), feelings that I'm not getting enough breath into my lungs, and lack of appetite for days or even weeks at a time. I've been to the doctor plenty of times and I'm always told it's anxiety(waiting to see a psychiatrist later this month actually) My pains usually can go away for a little with distraction help me believe that they're cause by anxiety, but the fact that they last for days of weeks and are usually triggered when I'm not particularly anxious makes me question otherwise. Do any of you experience your anxiety over long periods like this? And if so, how do you deal with the pain? I am going on vacation next week and I've been dealing with aches and shortness of breath all week and I don't want to deal with this on my trip!
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prolonged anxiety pain
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:31:22 PM »
I've been in constant pain/discomfort to some degree over the past three months. One day it'll be my stomach out of whack, no appetite, acid reflux, IBS symptoms, etc.... next day it will be a horrible painful headache.... day after that it's random muscle pains and spasms.... then with the shortness of breath/chest pains..... i've been to lots of doctors too. Ive had lots of tests done. They tell me it's anxiety and send me on my way!

the pain is getting much better now because i have a better understanding of why it's happening- i realize that the more distracted i am, the less prevalent they are. A lot of people on this forum can tell you that physical anxiety symptoms can linger around even when you aren't feeling particularly anxious in that moment. It takes a while for your body to readjust- what works for me is, as i said, being distracted, thinking positively and (slowly but surely) reassuring myself that i'm experiencing physical reactions to my anxiety, nothing more. I think if you take a nice vacation you should be nice and distracted and not focus too much on your physical symptoms. I find, for me at least, the symptoms are worse when i'm alone/at home. These pains won't go away right away but you can try to learn how to manage them. I take group therapy which helps with readjusting thinking patterns and not feeling so alone in my symptoms!
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prolonged anxiety pain
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 12:11:36 AM »
Sounds similar to fibromyalgia, it's usually brought on by stress, this goes for both of you! I have something similar to both of you and thats what I think I have, I wake up pretty stiff and sore, during mid-day I feel fantastic, then at night I get stabbing pains that last anywhere from 30 sec-5 mins, they occur through out my body but only one location at a time, sometime if I apply pressure to certain places they are sore especially both of my inner lower legs. fibro can lead to IBS. I hope it's just fibromyalgia but everything points to it.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Tags: