Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is anybody housebound?  (Read 450 times)

Offline Billie

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is anybody housebound?
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:09:06 PM »
I haven't been more than around the block in months. Prior to that I think I've been maybe a few miles a few times in a year or so. Is anybody else housebound? I'd love to chat with people and take some steps to reclaim my life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Summer04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is anybody housebound?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:46:06 PM »
Hi,

Between leaving my job earlier this year and the snow that's been hitting the northeast I was housebound quite a lot.  Years ago (1999, 2000) before I began therapy and taking Paxil, I would be in the house a lot.  I would rarely drive and wasn't working.  Once I began taking the medicine and seeing a therapist, I would drive, even though it was just around my small town at first.  My first therapist was terrific, because she would say to take baby steps and make small goals to achieve. 

After a few years I had a full-time job and was working on my college degree via online classes.  I couldn't have done it without taking that first step and admitting that I needed help.  I hope you'll be all right and will take the steps to get better.  :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline rinai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 07:47:49 PM »
I went from being the most social person, who would only go home to sleep, to spending literally every second in my house. I can't seem to leave, and my anxiety and panic has gotten so intense that I'm starting to feel uncomfortable even at home.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shogun

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 02:32:26 PM »
Hi
I was housebound for 7 years.7 long hard years but through will and strength and baby steps  I was able to make it out slowly but surly now I have my own apartment I drive and have a job.not the easiest thing to do everyday but I keep on fighting
Bookmark and Share

Offline Graceski8

• Mood: Hyper
    Hyper
  • Agoraphobic
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 04:48:04 PM »
i was housebound for about 6 months, but i've recently started going back to work - although I can only stay there for about 4 hours and want to go home. i can't really leave the house alone so someone has to come with me to work and back, or drop me off by car! i can only walk around a small block by myself, i don't feel comfortable going much further...

work is like a comfort zone though. shopping centers, driving, gym, can't do them yet! so if i'm not at work, i'm at home - i don't go anywhere else. it's a big battle i face everyday to try and go out

x
Bookmark and Share

Offline NovocaineKisses

• Trix
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Plot Twist!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 03:31:06 PM »
The longer this lasts the more and more time I spend in my home, or I guess I should say my friends' home since I have been staying there almost two months now  ::) After my last big panic attack back in February I am terribly afraid to be alone anywhere. Work isn't so bad since I work with my mom, but getting there and back to my house is a daily struggle and I hate being away from it for long periods of time. Forget being at work alone, that sends me over the edge as well as being at home alone. I'm going to be starting Cymbalta soon so hopefully that will help, but I understand exactly what you mean. Frankly most days I'd rather hole up in the house with my friend but forcing myself to go out and take baby steps helps get over it, for the most part. It will get better, it will just take time and perseverance.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living. - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tags: