Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hate the emotional roller coaster!  (Read 153 times)

Offline Isabeau

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hate the emotional roller coaster!
« on: March 05, 2014, 05:06:49 PM »
Hi guys!
There is some aspect of anxiety that I would like to share with you and see if anyone feels the same way and hates it as well!
So, one of the things I really dislike with anxiety, is the inconstancy of my feelings. For example, yesterday i felt good, anxiety was kept to a minimum, went shopping for stuff, then went to the restaurant with my bf, then did the groceries etc. Got home in the evening and felt really relaxed : felt almost normal, to my true self. (Even though even when i feel good ill always be afraid of the anxiety coming back, almost out of habit).
 But then I went to bed, dozed off, woke up in panic, spend all night long panicking, this morning I felt awful and didnt go to work : thats how bad I felt! And when I feel anxious, I feel so different! Like im scared of everything, of the future, feel like i never going to succeed or be happy and that Ive never known anything but anxiety: Terrible! So what happened? How to I go from feeling great to feeling just plain awful? How can one feel so different all of sudden? Like not only a day with anxiety and a day without will feel like my personality is day and night, but I hate that it can change so fast and is so unpredictable, honestly it makes me afraid of an underlying condition like bipolar disorder. I feel like it makes it difficult to understand and be comfortable with myself, which gives me even more anxiety!
Anyone else feels so different when they are anxious? And feels like you can go from one another so fast? Please share!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hate the emotional roller coaster!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:28:16 PM »
I feel that way.  Mornings seem to be bad for me.  But by afternoon, I am a completely different person.  I, too, have good days.  And not so good.  I wish I was more consistent.  Waking up in the middle of the night is always disconcerting to me.  I think it's the nature of the beast.  I'm hoping medication and therapy eventually bring about a more consistent mood.  I don't think bipolar is our issue, however.  Hang in there. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tim Servo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hate the emotional roller coaster!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
I've been experiencing something like this for the past few months. I'll feel fine for a week or two, then anxiety or depression will creep in, or sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. Yesterday morning I got really anxious, but managed to calm myself with breathing exercises. I was still a bit anxious for the rest of the day, even more so that night and this morning, but after a day of positive thinking I'm feeling a lot better. Before this I was totally fine for several years though, so I think it's possible to get past the rollercoaster.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: