Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Relaxation apps  (Read 326 times)

Offline pjnerves

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Relaxation apps
« on: March 05, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »
I was at my second job, and having anxiety so bad I was having chest discomfort. (It's not my ticker; I've had that checked 10 times. haha) I was there alone, so I downloaded and tried a relaxation app on my Droid. I had little hope it would help....but HOLY SMOKES! I felt 80% better when it was done. I now use some of the methods from the app if I feel myself getting anxious, and it seriously helps.
Just wanted to share that, so maybe others could  benefit too. There is NOTHING WORSE than feeling your anxiety overtaking when you're in a situation you can't bolt from, as I'm sure all of you know.
The app I downloaded is called "Stop Panic" by Excel at Life.
Good luck!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline poppadr3w

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Relaxation apps
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:58:36 PM »
I downloaded a Hypnosis app on my Kindle. I think it was like $4 or something. It made me feel pretty good, but sleepy at the same time. The guy has a bunch of apps to download. Some are for confidence, another for anxiety, another for sleep, and so on.

I also downloaded a "white noise" app that I use to go to sleep. I use the rainstorm sound. :)  I've always been eased by the sound of the rain. I have a sky light, so when it really rains here and I hear the rain crashing down on it it's awesome, but the app is a good substitute. ;)
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
This must be hi-tech meditation. Refusing to get hooked by all the tech inventions, I'll just chime in to praise the wonders of meditation the way it has existed for thousands of years.

In my experience it can change our brain in any number of ways.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Chillspark

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 06:45:23 PM »
I use one on Iphone called 'Panic attack aid' That i find is very relaxing to use when im feeling anxious :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:25:57 PM »
This must be hi-tech meditation. Refusing to get hooked by all the tech inventions, I'll just chime in to praise the wonders of meditation the way it has existed for thousands of years.

In my experience it can change our brain in any number of ways.

Any suggestions on how to get started in meditation. Books,DVDs to recommend, classes?
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 07:53:06 AM »
There is plenty to watch on YT, but don't get discouraged. Deepak Chopra, Thich Nhat Hanh, Jon Kabat-Zinn, for example. Remember these are experts. I'm not an expert and there is no need to be one. As far as I'm concerned there is not even a right or wrong way. There is only our way and that can even vary from person to person.

Pick a quiet spot, sit on comfortable cushions, close your eyes and think of your breath, slowly in, slowly out. You can count 4 in, 5 out for starters. Sit a few minutes, let's say 5 to start, expect no instant miracles. The benefits accrue over time. Visit your library and get a book or two on meditation. Just for some background. It is a wonderful trip to peace and calm and more. Namaste.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pjnerves

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 10:53:56 AM »
I am considering trying a meditation course at a local spa. I googled "relaxation techniques" and my hometown, and came up with three or four places in my immediate area that offer that, meditation, positive thought therapy, etc. I was surprised b/c I live in a small town!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: