Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Strange sensations  (Read 145 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Strange sensations
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »
Hello -

So I'm currently still worried about a brain tumor. I have these strange sensations in my facial cheeks, arms, hands, fingers, legs, feet, and toes - mainly on the left side, but sometimes it occurs on the right as well.

I'm freaking out about a brain tumor. I don't have headaches (but I know you don't have to have headaches to have a brain tumor), no double vision/loss of vision, ect.

I also have perceived weakness, mostly in my left side. It feels weak, but I can walk, grip, and do things normally, which is why I say it's perceived. But these strange sensations - it almost feels like someone is touching that body part (be it my cheek, hand, finger, leg, toe, ect) and it goes away once I actually do touch it. Weird.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange sensations
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:13:02 PM »
Muscle tension caused by anxiety and our fears of other illnesses can cause these kind of sensations.  After the birth of my son, my anxiety was through the roof.  I experience tingling and numb sensations on the right side of my body including my face, neck, shoulders, arms, hands, and toes.  I was scared I had something horribly wrong with me.  However after I was able to get the anxiety back down to manageable levels, the symptoms stopped.  I still get them here and there when my anxiety is high, but that was 6 years ago.  Had anything really been wrong, I would certainly have known by now. 

Try to relax your muscles perhaps with meditation or progressive muscle relaxation.  The tension we carry with anxiety can effect the muscles and nerves and lead to a whole host of scary and real symptoms and sensations.  Hope this helps. Take care.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: