Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Taut Muscles!  (Read 153 times)

Offline ak09

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Taut Muscles!
« on: March 05, 2014, 10:13:15 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum,I had been taking clonazepam 0.5mg every 3 days for the past 2 years.Then I consulted a neuro psychologist and he advised me to stop it and take clobazam instead (it's the same stuff minus the sedative part) and I was able to wean off clonazepam this way.But the thing is I have tried various other options to relax  after I gave up clonazepam like pranayama,meditation,sudarshan kriya and other techniques but as soon as I do them all my muscles get taut instead of relaxing.One round of alternate breathing exercise(just 1 single cycle) is enough to keep my muscles taut all day I don't know what's wrong with me? Although mentally I feel relaxed after doing pranayama but my muscles really get tensed.I don't understand why this is so?
Taking green tea helps relax my muscles.

Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Taut Muscles!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:05:49 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the group . . . .this reminds me when I start listening to mindfulness tapes . . . . I was actually anxious about being anxious and anxious about being not anxious at the same time . . . not sure that I can provide you with any immediate solutions but I do know that soaking in a hot bath with Epsom Salts has done marvels for me . . . that and eventually managing to * not * be anxious about being anxious when I do the mindfulness tapes . . .I cannot address the meds . . . for me, muscle tension is a common symptom of anxiety and when I am in an episode that lasts for days, it seems that being tense becomes what is natural for me so I just prolong it without realizing it . . .I have broken most of the pattern through mindfulness but it creeps back in on me . . . .

Have you spoken with your neuro psychologist about this issue? Perhaps a lower dose of some type of complementary med might help start you on the path to less muscle tension until your body got used to that state . . . sorry I couldn't be of more help, but keep checking back . . .we have a super community here and I am sure someone will be able to give you some more effective suggestions . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety