Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Just saying hi  (Read 83 times)

Offline AJR82

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Just saying hi
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:34:26 AM »
Hello I've just joined up because I'm getting super anxious about my health and keep trying to diagnose myself, mainly due to the huge fear I have pancreatic cancer, I've had stomach problems for 5 months and no diagnosis so sometimes I end up scouring google and getting really scared. I guess it's just good to talk as my family are  getting fed up of me! I'm 32 and female.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just saying hi
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »
It's not uncommon for family and friends to not understand what you're going through, you can often find them thinking you're over reacting or that you should "just stop thinking like that." Well that's impossible to do that because it's what your mind and feelings are telling you, it's your gut instincts to keep you aware and keep you alive, we all have anxiety and some of us have a little extra dose of it than others, doesn't make you any less of a person.

On the homepage of the forum, scroll down to Hypochonria and post or browse through there, there have been quite a few reporting the fear of pancreatic cancer, it'll give you some support, and how they fought through that fear.

Best wishes.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline AJR82

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
Thank you, it's good to know I'm not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: