Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Just saying hi...  (Read 96 times)

Offline danilee4me

• There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • LIFE IS GOOD
    • Poke This Member
Just saying hi...
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Danielle. I am 28, married and have a 2.5 year old girl. I have always been a pretty laid back, happy individual. Always smiling and laughing. After I got married and had my daughter the stress levels definitely increased.  Then, back in October my Mother-in-law passed away and that's when anxiety tried to take over my life. It's done a pretty good job but I'm not giving in! Initially, a few panic attacks brought me to the emergency room 3 times. As like many others, i thought i was having a heart attack or stroke. Of course, i was told i was perfectly healthy and given a prescription for Ativan and Lorzepam. I started taking the Ativan unsure of what else to do to make myself feel better. I hated that stuff and was afraid of becoming addicted. I decided to seek out a more natural means of help. I got off of the Ativan by taking other natural supplements to help with sleep and eating. They helped for sure. My physical symptoms included extreme brain fog, loss of appetite, nausea, occasional vommitting, weight loss, fatigue, insomnia, racing thoughts, irritability, depression, muscle twitches, dizziness/lightheadedness, burning tingling skin, tremors and more. Those are just the ones I can think of. Acupuncture, massage, meditation, counseling and deep breathing have helped me through. I still get a few good days out of the month but for the most part it continues to be an inner struggle with myself. I look forward to the days when I will look back on all of this and be in amazement of how strong I was and will have become. Still a work in progress!  Thanks for reading!
Bookmark and Share
I am not afraid!

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: Just saying hi...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline dookus

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 01:36:38 AM »
Hi Danielle,

I'm so happy you have such a great outlook. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL; you are so strong. Your words give me hope that I can beat my anxiety too, and I'm sure they will give hope to many others as well. Keep going! I am glad you're getting better, and welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline danilee4me

• There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
    Okay
  • LIFE IS GOOD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 08:51:34 AM »
Thank you!  Each day is different but they do get better. I am trying recently to be gluten free and that also seems to be helping. It seems I have some gluten sensitivity which could also be adding to my symptoms. For anyone who hasn't tried that approach I would definitely recommend it!
Bookmark and Share
I am not afraid!

Tags: