Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Strange chest pains  (Read 125 times)

Offline notdyingtoday

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • not dying today, check again tomorrow
    • Poke This Member
Strange chest pains
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:05:06 AM »
I have a new issue, and it's so strange that I can't even tell what to worry about!

My whole right upper chest, particularly to the direct right of the my sternum, is aching a lot, with intense stabbing pains when I move my right arm and tenderness when I press down on the places that ache. I didn't strain any muscles, I didn't bruise it - nothing and nada. It just hurts, and I don't know why. Even my right arm feels strange.

At first my brain was trying to make me worry about a heart attack, but I'm pretty sure heart attacks don't feel like this or last overnight. But add this to the strange pain/pressure I feel directly under my right ribcage all the time, and I'm definitely freaking out.
Bookmark and Share
"Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind and dreaming ahead. At least I think that’s so."

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange chest pains
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:07:45 AM »
Odds are it is not your heart, but I would get it checked out as it is bothersome to you.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline notdyingtoday

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • not dying today, check again tomorrow
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange chest pains
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:45:27 AM »
Yeah, I have an appointment with my GP for an unrelated issue (so it goes...) on Friday, so I'll talk to him about it then, but I'm just trying to stay calm in the meantime/figure out if I should give up a day's work to go in to a walk-in clinic before then. My right arm has gotten in on the action, aching and just plain feeling weird, and the whole right side of my chest is aching now.

I know it's not anything heart-related, it feels like a muscle or maybe cartilage thing, but it's seriously unnerving me. I have a lot of work to do and all I can focus on is the list of potential problems running through my head on repeat.
Bookmark and Share
"Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind and dreaming ahead. At least I think that’s so."

Tags: