Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of glass breaking  (Read 140 times)

Offline Lynxana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Fear of glass breaking
« on: March 05, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »
If glass breaks anywhere in my vicinity, and that can be twenty feet away, instantly I think it has gotten into my eye.  It never fails!  My eyes will hurt, I will feel something in them, and it will be persistent.  I panic and it usually ends up in me going to the hospital to get the yellow dye and let them poke around in it.  Now, if I believe them I'm fine, but if I don't I will continue to panic over it and continue to feel something in there.  Most of the time I don't bother to go to the hospital cause I know I am most likely overreacting, but I will go flush my eye for the longest time to make sure and half the time I still believe it's there.

Not once have I ever had a piece of glass in my eye!
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline chibimoeness

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of glass breaking
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
Hey!  :action-smiley-065:
I know where you're coming from. I can somewhat relate with my condition. Whenever I see the utensil drawer unorganized, I have to keep organizing it... I keep believing that if I don't, the worst could happen. I know it's not true, but the thoughts are just so convincing to the point where you have to believe it.
Another scenario includes me overreacting about my brain. I actually have nothing worse than anxiety and ADHD, but for a peculiar reason I thought I was going to die because of a brain tumor. I knew I didn't have anything wrong with me, but then again at the same time something else kept thinking I had a brain tumor. Silly me... I ended up going to the emergency room three times to get a CAT scan, and even though the results were negative, NOOO I had a brain tumor. I literally screamed in terror, "I do have a brain tumor!!" and to this day, I KNOW I don't have a brain tumor, but once in a while I can be led to believe I have a brain tumor.  :traurig001:
Just hang in there, you aren't the only one! Sadly I have no answer to why we think like this so much, but sometimes our minds tend to overexaggerate things, and lead us to believe things that aren't true.  ::)
Thanks for sharing!
- Chibimoeness
Bookmark and Share

Tags: